Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Save AS Copy To DXF

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
reklawgb
1616 Views, 5 Replies

problem with Save AS Copy To DXF

Hi,

I am having a problem with Save AS Copy To DXF.

When I try the 'Save copy as' DXF route it does not function. If I click the save button nothing happens and if I click the option button nothing happens either. In 2012 when you click the options button you would have got the option to change the export settings i.e. all sheets etc...

I do have the option to change the file formats via the drop down box in the 'save copy as' dialogue box and dxf etc are listed!

When I right click on the flat pattern in 'Model' there is no button for 'Export' in the list that appears. Therefore I cannot get to the Flat pattern dxf export options prompt as shown in this thread.

Its obvious you should be able to save as a dxf from an inventor idw as the buttons are there they are just not working!

I am having this problem with Autodesk Design Suite Premium. Inventor 2014 will not give me options, and is having problem exporting to autocad dwg. tried a reinstall as it appears to wotk properly on other similar installed machines. Does anyone no what may be causing this issue and how to fix.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Export Error.gif

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
elmersmfg
in reply to: reklawgb

I currently have this on one of two identical computers other than video card.  The strange thing is it worked for a while, in 2013 and quit.  2014 has never been able to do it.

As a way around it, I believe you can go into your sheetmetal part (if you are working with sheetmetal) and right click on the flat pattern and click save as.... does thes same thing, and gives you the option of dxf or sat files.  Very cumbersome and does not allow you to manual hide lines as I sometimes do.

I have heard video can be the cause but I would love to have someone finally address this.  I've had this in 2012 on another machine, and resorted to reinstalling windows 7.  It sucks having to waste all that extra time for such a small but important feature for us.

Someone please help?

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 6
inchul.lee

Hi reklawgb,

If you experience the issue with specific drawings, please attach them here for review.

If you experience the issue with any drawings, then I suspect 2 issues as below. Please try perform the troubleshooting steps described:

• Add-In is corrupted or not installed correctly: Please check Inventor Add-In Manager and try change Load Behavior of Translator: DXF.

• Inventor instllation is corrupted: Please try repair/reinstall, log in a different local administrator account, or run in Windows Diagnostic mode (with FLEXnet Licensing Service enabled).

Inchul Lee
Message 4 of 6
elmersmfg
in reply to: inchul.lee

This was some good advice, I think we have ALMOST solved it.  Me and my IT guy were trying some things with permissions for the users last night.  When I logged in with my user (I'm an administrator) on the same computer, I could save .DXF files.  

When I logged in with anyone else's we could not.  We have tried running as admin, and a few other things in the folders.  Still no luck.  I notice the add in is set to automatic/on demand.  When you check to load it, it never stays on if you exit the add in window and re enter it.  I dont know if this is normal or not.

Any more tips?

Thanks,

Mike

Message 5 of 6
j.bekking

We had the same problem at work. In our case (windows 7 environment) adding the domain-user to the local security group "powerusers" was sufficient to be able to export (save as) to dxf again. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6
huayu318
in reply to: j.bekking

1) Press [Windows] key to open the Windows' start page

2) Type "cmd" to find "Command Prompt" > right mouse click on it

> select "Run as administrator"

3) On "Administrator: Command Proompt" window, type

cd "c:\program files\autodesk\Inventor 2013\bin"

then

inventor /install

4) Wait for 1 min (inventor will be executed background then exit silently

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report