Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with position rep not showing up on the drawing.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
xjer88
514 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with position rep not showing up on the drawing.

Whats going on guys? This is my first post here on the forums as I've been a lurker for about a year now. I find everything here very helpful and appreciate everyones responses for their knowledge. 

To my problem and the reason for me to start posting finally. I'm setting up a template drawing to be used for our production cause. Ive done around 15 templates in the same manner and havent had a problem with any other designs up until this one. Basically we like to have a position rep in which we close the lid on a case so that we have options on the drawing side. The open case is the default position rep. and "closed" is the other position rep. On the model itself the position rep seems to be working great and the internal foam pieces stay constrained in both positions. The problem comes when I go to place the views on the drawing side, the lid of the case is in the closed position but the foam piece will not obey the closed position rep like it does in the model. I have tried completely trashing the interior assembly and rebuilding it in the case and still nothing, tried a new drawing still to no avail. I've also tried dropping an adaptive or a non adaptive view and it still doesnt work. I'm at a loss on this one and I'm not sure what else to try. The constraint the closes the lid is an angle constraint that I overide with an angle input for the closed rep. The interior foam panel is just a simple mate constraint. Thanks in advance for the help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: xjer88

Hi xjer88,

I've had this exact issue with a similar kind of model in the past, and I think the problem is with the flexible subassembly. I'm going from memory here, so I might be off, but I think what you need to do is to create the Open positional representation in the subassembly, and then have the top level and sub assembly use their Open positional representations at the same time. This might be considered a workaround, but I think that's what I did to get around what ever issue is causing the flexible subassembly/drawing view issue.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5
xjer88
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks for the response Curtis. I will give it a try, at this point I just want it to work. I'm really not sure what happened because this all used to work and now the system I've been using just stopped and I'm not sure what I did to break it. Thabnks for the info man. 

Message 4 of 5
xjer88

I'm still not having success with this, anybody else have other suggestions. 

Message 5 of 5
xjer88

We found a work around, basically just swithed functions of the master and the closed rep. For some reason when the angle of the open position is changes to the non default position rep the drawing end works properly. This isnt the best fix as now these two cases are different than all of our other cases but atleast they are complete drawing and model sets. We can't find an explanation as to why these problems arose but it seems like this solution will have to work for know. Thanks again  for the response Curtis. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report