Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with learning videos

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
x.seffer
994 Views, 23 Replies

Problem with learning videos

Hello

I'm new in Autodesk Inventor 2015

I have tried to use learning video include in Inventor.

They can be launched. I hear the sound but not the video.
Fews weeks ago I saw video without any problems.

Someone can help you? Do you have a idea about this kind of problem?

Thank you a lot.

Xavier

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
blair
in reply to: x.seffer

Odd, try a system re-boot. There have been a number of Windows Security updates the last bit, possible try a lower security setting in Windows Explorer.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 24
x.seffer
in reply to: blair

Thanks for your answer.

I have done a system recuperation from one month ago.
Nothing has changed.

I don't know how do lower security setting in windows setting.

Do you have any other idea? Or can you explain how put lowe security in windows setting.

Thansk again.

Message 4 of 24
blair

Open IE, select: Tools> Internet Options>Security>Internet>Medium-High.

I would also look at YouTube as well as there are some great videos posted.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 24
x.seffer

OK

I have done this but nothing effect.

Bad things

Can't be a problem with Flash Player or something else like this?

Message 6 of 24
blair

I don't recall what format (file extension type) the video is in. You might try selecting it and changing which player you use.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 24
lambolambo2

I have also found this lack of audio while watching the tutorial video,(autodesk inventor professional 2014 with firefox) although, it worked once (audio) But I have no idea why ?,
My audio works fine with all other applications

EDIT..I went back to basic tutorial videos, they actually have audio, it is just the 3D tutorials that have no audio

Rob

Message 8 of 24
x.seffer

The extension of this tutorials video is WEBM

There are located at this place:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Interactive Tutorial\fr-FR\Overview\Video

I don't know how change the player to use this video. That look like a Inventor files that don't need a player but I'm not sure.

Message 9 of 24
x.seffer
in reply to: lambolambo2

The problem is about the video the sound is ok.
I try to read basic tutorials video.
Message 10 of 24
blair

Try using and opening it with a different Web Viewer. Either something such as Safari or Mozzilla or even Chrome.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 24
x.seffer

Normally I use Chrome but I don't open this video with a web viewer but directly from Inventor.
These videos are on the home page in Inventor.
I don't know how use a other web viewer because I don't use a web viewer.

That a strange problem.
I have Reinstall Inventor but nothing change.

Message 12 of 24
blair

Sounds like a bad download of the file. The format is a web-based. Try cleaning our your Temp/Cache files with a utility such as cCleaner.com it can be found on the www.ccleaner.com website and there is a free version.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 24
x.seffer

I have already tried this^^

Message 14 of 24

Hi x.seffer,

I suspect it might be related to Adobe Flash Player. Autodesk often uses Adobe Flash Player for video playback on their website, help files, and installation media.

I would check for an updated version of the Flash Player. I noticed last week that my version was listed as "vulnerable" and was being block by one (or more) of the web browsers I was using.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 15 of 24

I'm going to check the update of Adobe Flash Player but I don't understand where it is listed like "vulnerable".
Where do I must check this?
And why this affect Inventor?

Message 16 of 24

Hi x.seffer,

@x.seffer wrote:

And why this affect Inventor?

Autodesk often uses Adobe Flash Player for video playback on their website, help files, and installation media, in this case the videos are part of the help files, so I'm guessingt that it might be the cause.

@x.seffer wrote:

... listed like "vulnerable". Where do I must check this?

Youc can check it through Firefox here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Or you can just use this link to update to the latest version, and rule this out of the possible causes: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 17 of 24

I have checked everything is ok.

Flash Player is authorized and I have downloaded the latest version.

Message 18 of 24
RodrigoEiras

There was a post about that in "Being Inventive" in line with what Curtis has told you

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2014/09/playing-help-videos-in-inventor-2015.html

Message 19 of 24
x.seffer
in reply to: RodrigoEiras

Hi

Thanks for this help but that doesn't work.

Like before, the video can be open but with a black screen and the sound that goes very well.

Others idea?

Message 20 of 24
pollack137

I just installed inventor yesterday and have the same issue -  tutorials (webm) open in a new window but screen is black ( Audio plays ok). I have gone through same steps as OP, reinstalled inventor (Files mentioned in  previous post that are in documents/inventor/ are only 2 kb each, obviously not big enough to be video files - thought maybe they didn't install correctly but same size after reinstall ), updated flash for chrome  and int explorer as well as trying both browsers as default. Updated graphics driver for nvidia GT540M. I can open and play other webm files in my browser. I can play all the videos OK when selecting Getting Started>My Home> Help but none of the videos from Getting Started>My Home> Learning or Getting started> Videos and Tutorials.  I am a high school teacher and need these videos for my students, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very comfortable with computers so I haave no problem carrying out suggestions.

Thanks, T.P.

Gateway NV57H13h Laptop

i7 2670QM

8GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 540M - 1GB 

Win 7 Home Premium -64 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report