Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with inventor and JT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dmitrimang
730 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with inventor and JT

Hi

I have a JT file which I've opened in the latest trial of Inventor. I'm trying to export any STP, DWG, IGS of the contents of the JT (which display perfectly within Inventor) but nothing is ever exported. The resulting files seem blank. I've tried importing them into both Maya (dwg) and Rhino (stp, iges, dwg). Do I need to do anything in Inventor to get the meshes exported?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wilkhui
in reply to: dmitrimang

Hi Dmitri,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. What version of Inventor are you using? Are you able to post the file with which you're working? If not, feel free to email me the part: inderjeet [dot] wilkhu [at] autodesk [dot] com

Thanks,

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: dmitrimang

Have you tried looking at any of the option settings before exporting the file?  Seeing if there are settings that might give you different results?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4

Hi dmitrimang,

Thanks for reporting here !

I suppose your JT file has only mesh data, and it cannot be exported to STEP, IGES format, so you will see no data exported.

I don't have the perfect workaround for you now instead of some suggestion, you can contact the JT file provider to provide the JT file which has Brep data, then open it in inventor and export to STEP or IGES, it should work.

If this JT file is not very complex, you can use Inventor addin mesh enabler to convert mesh to Brep (solid or composite), then export it to STEP or IGES. You can download Mesh Enabler tool from  http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/inventor_mesh and have a try, it is free.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Quality Assurance Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report