Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with file conversion: Unable to cast COM object of type...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
437 Views, 0 Replies

Problem with file conversion: Unable to cast COM object of type...

Hello,

I'm currently starting to work with the Inventor API and trying to create an DLL via VB and the API Help (Inventor 2014, VS 2012)

At the moment I'm creating a costumized Ribbon-Interface using the "Customizing the User Interface" example from the help.

The example introduces a conversion class:

<System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategory("")> _
Friend Class PictureConverter
    Inherits System.Windows.Forms.AxHost

Private Sub New()
        MyBase.New(String.Empty)
    End Sub

Public Shared Function ImageToPictureDisp( _
                           ByVal image As System.Drawing.Image) As stdole.IPictureDisp
        Return CType(GetIPictureDispFromPicture(image), stdole.IPictureDisp) //this line causes the error
    End Function
End Class

I wondered y the Add-In did'nt work properly (it starts without error message though). So I've started debugging and I've been receiving the following error message (in the marked line above):

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'MYProjectVB.stdole.IPictureDisp'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{51452490-C779-3F1E-8DEA-19DAC8EBDFE2}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I googled a lot, but no solution (of similar problems) helped me. Any Ideas or Suggestions? That'd be great!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report