Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With changing the text height of a dimension

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
442 Views, 3 Replies

Problem With changing the text height of a dimension

Hello,

I am having problems with changing the height of the dimension text. I have tried going into the style editor and changing the text height in there and then saving it. The number for the height that I changed stays saved however the actual text height on the drawing does not, not even after I tell it to update. Any help on what I might be doing wrong will be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Take a look below, maybe it's missing you something.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2014/Help/0082-Tutorial82/0083-Inventor83/0224-Drawing_224...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you for your help however, sadly, those tutorials did not have anything on edditing the text height. thank you though.

Message 4 of 4
mslosar
in reply to: Anonymous

Seeing as the process is that you define a text style then go to the dimension style and say 'use this text style', have you tried creating a brand new text style with a brand new font (along with a new size) and then going to your dimension and changing it's font style and seeing what happens?

There's also the possibility you're changing the wrong text style, or the dimensions you're trying to change aren't the style you think they are. You may want to double check that the dimension style for the dimenisons in question is actually the style you think it is and that the correct text style is loaded into the dimension style.

If all that checks out, what i'd do is start a brand new drawing sheet (all new .idw) and see if i can get the dims to work right there. If I can, it wouldn't be the first time something got messed up in an idw or dwg file. Had an odd problem like that this week.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report