Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when printing (RomanS / Inventor 2014)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NicoCCC
284 Views, 2 Replies

Problem when printing (RomanS / Inventor 2014)

Hello!

We have updated from Inventor 2010 to 2014 and from Win7 to Win8 last week.

When we print our drawings, all texts in RomanS can't be read regardless of the printer. And it is not an Inventor problem, cause if I export a .PDF it is legible from the screen, but if I print this file it is not.

I could solve all of this changing layer fonts in the tamplate and in every new revision of an old drawing , it just take some seconds... The big problem is that our templates where designed a long time ago, and the one which designed them didn't use layers (imagine...). Therefore, I have manually updated our template texts to Arial, but all our old drawings (which are a few thousands) will need to be manually updated to Arial at every revision. This would take A LOT of time.

So I would like to know if there's any way to make RomanS a "printable" font??

Any ideas/suggestions??

Thank you all,

Nicolás

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: NicoCCC

It is possible to have a replacement font edited to make the system recognize it as RomanS. Therefore the system won´t be bothering you.

If this is ok for you, you need to change the TTF header and the name. This should be easily done using an editor.

"   Jl     ¼(c) Copyright 1996 Autodesk, Inc.  All rights reserved ( c )   C o p y r i g h t   1 9 9 6   A u t o d e s k ,   I n c .     A l l   r i g h t s   r e s e r v e dRomanS R o m a n SRegular R e g u l a rRomanS R o m a n SMacromedia Fontographer 4.1.3 RomanS M a c r o m e d i a   F o n t o g r a p h e r   4 . 1 . 3   R o m a n SMacromedia Fontographer 4.1.3"

This is a part of the TTF as Notepad dispays it. A better Editor will be able to deliver a better display and will seperate the different codings (Notepad+ does it iIguess).

You should simply replace the font name and it´s occurences.You should also be able to copy the header to a different font. Just look up where the data bits start.

Been using this to embedd different content into filetypes back then.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Many printers have font substitution in the printer settings.. Not sure if that will work or not.. I'd think it would

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report