Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem : Sheetmetal won't flatten...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
269 Views, 7 Replies

Problem : Sheetmetal won't flatten...

Hi,

Can someone tell me why this sheet won't flatten...

Thanks.

Attachment not added (too large): "B101151.zip"
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The position of ContourFlange3's sketch causes the sheet metal offset to intersect the ContourFlange2. This seams to be the problem even though you used an offset. Moving your sketch to the right may be a better method. Matt
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

This new version give the same error even though I moved the sketch. I also
tried other things like : Flange/width starting on the opposite side of the
edge, using flange instead of contour, ...

Help again...

"Matt Hendey" <matt att americanmobilepower dott com> wrote in message
news:403cb6b3_3@newsprd01...
> The position of ContourFlange3's sketch causes the sheet metal offset to
> intersect the ContourFlange2. This seams to be the problem even though you
> used an offset. Moving your sketch to the right may be a better method.
>
> Matt
>
>
>
>

Attachment not added (too large): "B101151.zip"
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

If you bump up the gap a little on the contour flange corners, (I used 2/64) it seems to work. -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "Domnic Brunelle" wrote in message news:403cd313_2@newsprd01... > This new version give the same error even though I moved the sketch. I also > tried other things like : Flange/width starting on the opposite side of the > edge, using flange instead of contour, ... > > Help again... > > "Matt Hendey" wrote in message > news:403cb6b3_3@newsprd01... > > The position of ContourFlange3's sketch causes the sheet metal offset to > > intersect the ContourFlange2. This seams to be the problem even though you > > used an offset. Moving your sketch to the right may be a better method. > > > > Matt > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

2/64?!?! "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:403cda5e_3@newsprd01... > If you bump up the gap a little on the contour flange corners, (I used 2/64) it seems to > work. > > -- > Kent > Assistant Moderator > Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > > > "Domnic Brunelle" wrote in message news:403cd313_2@newsprd01... > > This new version give the same error even though I moved the sketch. I also > > tried other things like : Flange/width starting on the opposite side of the > > edge, using flange instead of contour, ... > > > > Help again... > > > > "Matt Hendey" wrote in message > > news:403cb6b3_3@newsprd01... > > > The position of ContourFlange3's sketch causes the sheet metal offset to > > > intersect the ContourFlange2. This seams to be the problem even though you > > > used an offset. Moving your sketch to the right may be a better method. > > > > > > Matt > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

One number to change rather than 3.... Less typing 8^) -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "Ken Schumacher" wrote in message news:403cf43c$1_2@newsprd01... > 2/64?!?!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I letcha slide. ;-) (Actually I thought of doing it that way!) > One number to change rather than 3.... Less typing 8^)
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks, it seems to solve the problem. "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:403cda5e_3@newsprd01... > If you bump up the gap a little on the contour flange corners, (I used 2/64) it seems to > work. > > -- > Kent > Assistant Moderator > Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > > > "Domnic Brunelle" wrote in message news:403cd313_2@newsprd01... > > This new version give the same error even though I moved the sketch. I also > > tried other things like : Flange/width starting on the opposite side of the > > edge, using flange instead of contour, ... > > > > Help again... > > > > "Matt Hendey" wrote in message > > news:403cb6b3_3@newsprd01... > > > The position of ContourFlange3's sketch causes the sheet metal offset to > > > intersect the ContourFlange2. This seams to be the problem even though you > > > used an offset. Moving your sketch to the right may be a better method. > > > > > > Matt > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report