Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem saving copy as Autocad dwg or dxf

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
vmcarbonneau
1814 Views, 12 Replies

Problem saving copy as Autocad dwg or dxf

I am not able to save copy as Autocad dwg. I get this : Problems encountered while saving the document. Its a new installation of inventor 2014 SP1 hotfix 2 on windows 8.1. Maybe windows is the problems.

Any suggestion ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Cadmanto
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

Can you post an image of what you are seeing?  Is it an error message or is it that the file extention is not available.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 13
vmcarbonneau

File extension is available but options button is greyed out. When I click save, i get the prompt saying : 

Problems encountered while saving the document.

Message 4 of 13
Cadmanto

It will be greyed out because it already is an Autocad drawing (.dwg).  What options would you be looking for anyway?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 13
CESAR200

Hello vmcarbonneau,

Please try the solution proposed in the thread below and see if it helps in your case:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Importing-a-dwg-into-a-ipt/m-p/4708455#M492533

Cesar Valencia
Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 13
Cadmanto

If Cesar's option does not work, can you post the file you are having issues with?

Is this the only file this is doing it for or is this issue accross the board?

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 13
cadman2011
in reply to: Cadmanto

Having same issue, windows 7, Inventor 2014. Tried resetting inventor user's local environment per Autodesk, to no avail. If anyone finds the issue, please advise. We need this functionality.
Message 8 of 13

Someone I work with actually had this problem yesterday - are your views set as raster only? When we changed the views to precise that fixed the problem and the .dwg was able to generate.

Message 9 of 13

Thanks for the reply. No views not checked for raster only. The error I'm seeing is very generic- "Problems encountered while saving. I even renamed the registry as suggested by B.Holland from Autodesk (name of person may be mispelled was from a post I no longer have opened) to no avail. But going thru the old threads there seems to be alot of issues with this functionality in 2014. When someone figures it out I hope they let me know. I'm assuming this is a glitch and there will be an SPO or hot fix for this eventually.

Message 10 of 13

Hmm, interesting. Goodluck! I will keep an ear out for a solution.

Message 11 of 13
db1116

I tired the linked solution above (did everything as I supposed), but when I type inventor /install it says 'inventor' is notrecognized as an internal or external commad, operable program or batch file.

I'm using an Inventor 2014 student version under Windows 8.1 64bit.

Does somebody know how to fix it?

Message 12 of 13
Gh_man
in reply to: CESAR200

Cesar,

I am having the same problem. I tried the solution proposed in your link, and it fails to fix the problem. However: I notice in task manager that Inventor starts (invisibly), but doesn't exit silently as it's supposed to, but simply stays in task manager forvever. This seems like something is wrong?

In any case, I'm left with the same issue, an inability to export to CAD, although I've done it many times in the past without issues. I've also tried to run a repair (on both Inventor and CAD), but without any luck.

Another thread mentioned that someone had a similar issue due to their dwg files being associated with fusion. I recently installed a newer copy of Trueview, I wonder if this may have caused it? However setting the association directly to CAD is not fixing it. (Nor were my files associated with Trueview to begin with, they were associated with the Autocad Launcher.)

thanks!

Message 13 of 13
Gh_man
in reply to: Gh_man

Update: a few hours later, Inventor DID exit, but the problem remains.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report