Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem rails for the LOFT tool - blade-tip

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
geir_aamlid
856 Views, 2 Replies

Problem rails for the LOFT tool - blade-tip

Hi

I am trying loft in order to make a smooth tip. please see the file. 

This is the message I get: 

"The attempted Loft operation found a rail curve intersecting a section more than one time. Try with a different rail curve or modify the rail curve so that it intersects each section only once."

I can't seem to find the rail curve intersection that is mensioned. Me and my friend is working on a school project, but we have been completely stuck on this small part all day. We would really appriciate it if anyone could take time to help us out.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hossaiy
in reply to: geir_aamlid

Hi geir_aamlid,

I wasn't able to reproduce the error message you described, however i did see the error below;ntangent.JPG

The reason for the error above is due to the point (shown above) in the rail curve (highlighted red). At that point the rail curve isn't smooth and loft requires rail curves to be smooth (Just pointing this out in-case you weren't aware already).

Anyway, I have attached a part file which i think is pretty much the result you were after (you may want to add more profiles or change the dimenion of the profile that i added). I basically just created a workplane going through the non-smooth point of the rail curve, then created another profile on that work-plane. I then did a couple of surface lofts, deleted a few faces and stitched the whole thing together to create a solid.

This is the result;

resultJPG.JPG

Hope that helps, let me know if not.

Yacoub Hossain
Message 3 of 3
geir_aamlid
in reply to: hossaiy

That solved the issue, finally! I talked to several other students and they also had this problem, thank you hossaiy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums