Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem placing a dimenion

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Vitornis
313 Views, 4 Replies

Problem placing a dimenion

For some reason this drawing will not let me place a angular dimension between the holes of this flange?  Anyone know of a reason why?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Vitornis

Can you post the .ipt file?  I can't place any dimensions on this drawing at all.

Message 3 of 5
Vitornis
in reply to: SBix26

Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Vitornis

Right click on the view (browser or graphics area) and pick General Dimension Type > Projected.  Don't know how that got changed in your drawing, but it sure isn't obvious at first.  According to the help, orthogonal views will default to Projected and iso views to True, so perhaps this is simply because the part isn't in an orthogonal orientation.

Oddly enough, I'm not able to place any dimensions of any kind in your original two views with General Dimension Type set to True, but when I placed a new view (same setting), I finally discovered the problem.

Message 5 of 5
Vitornis
in reply to: SBix26

Thanx Much!

I had a hunch there must have been a setting like this to change but had no idea where or what it could be called.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report