Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem making chassis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1019 Views, 4 Replies

Problem making chassis

I'm new to inventor and need help. i've posted this problem to another forum and they told me to come here. I'm trying to build a frame for a go-kart on inventor. The general shape is like a tall trapezoid. I'm having a couple problems. 1. When I place the pieces in assembly, it ends up crooked. i've tried setting them even and locking them in place but then it tells me the relationship does not exist when I try to put he last piece in. 2. I need to put holes in the certain parts but I have no idea how to measure how far down the piece the holes are. If that's not very clear I can elaborate.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

At the very least post a screen capture of your assembly so we have some sort of visual idea of what you are talking about..

Or zip up your whole assembly (including all the parts) and post it up here..

This site shouldn't be a replacement for proper training though.. There are NUMEROUS tutorials included with the program and videos all over the internet on Inventor.. 

Why don't you try to follow along with the tutorials first to actually learn how the program works before attempting to just muddle through something picking up horrible habits along the way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
graemev

Ditto to what mcgyvr said.

Also, a go-kart frame is a Frame Generator job if ever there was one.  If you're new to Inventor, DON'T START THERE!  Crawl before you walk, before you run.  Frame Generator ain't rocket surgery, but it is an advanced tool.  Better to start with the basics.

Don't forget to come back here with any questions you have.  You're definitely in the right place!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: graemev

where can i get frame generator? i only have the free version of inventor and the things that come with it.
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Start a new assembly (*.iam).

Click on the Design tab.

http://www.pct.edu/videos/IMG/play120.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report