Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Autocad Inventer Pro 2011 for W7 Home Premium?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
trever.bair
800 Views, 5 Replies

Problem installing Autocad Inventer Pro 2011 for W7 Home Premium?

Ok, so when it's at the very tip of being done on extracting it pops up a things that says "You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:" and it has this "AutoCAD_Inventor_Suite_2011_Win_64bit.part2.rar" after all this it shows this at the bottom of the pop-up box, "Insert a disk with this volume and press "OK" to try again or press "CANCEL" to break extraction"... is there something i need to install or upgarde? The reason why I'm getting 2011 version is cause my school has that version, and so it doesn't mess up the files I guess.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: trever.bair

There should be about three large files that requires downloading. Sounds like you are missing one of the download files that the install program is trying to extract or if you have the file, it's corrupt and needs to be downloaded again.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
Patarac
in reply to: blair

I am having the exact same issue, however this solution was not very helpful as the only download option i am being given is to do the browser download. I cannot find these 3 large downloads mentioned in your reply. I too am a student.

Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: trever.bair

Here is the link for the education version download. You will need to go through this site for education license and product key. This is about all can get get for you as I am a commercial account.

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-professional

If you are having problems downloading, I would suggest using software such as www.cleaner.com to clean all temp and cache directories.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Patarac

Make sure you download all three parts 2011 download.png

and make sure you direct the path to where they are saved.

(can you post image of your location for saved part1.exe?

Does your school have a Student IT Help Desk that can help you download and install software?

More help here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
jordanen
in reply to: JDMather

The solution I found to find the other 2 parts was to unblock pop-up windows. Because that's where the other two files appear. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report