Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in file create issue in drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Sprocket107
265 Views, 3 Replies

Problem in file create issue in drawing

Hye

I think this is a basic question but I don't know what went wrong in the creation of this file.

The problem is when I try to create a detail view.

1-The part seems OK

2-I can create a drawing with a top view

3-Error message when I want to create a detail view

Any idea will be appreciate

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Sprocket107

Have you done similar work in the past?

My first thought is you might be hitting a bounding box limit.

I notice that your Sketch3 is missing Horizontal constraints.

I might eliminate Sketch3 and WorkPlane2 and instead Extrude Sketch1 6.3" as surface bodies and then Thicken 98" rather than Sweeps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
swalton
in reply to: Sprocket107

I don't think that I have modeled trackwork or trains longer than about 2000 feet.

Based on this old thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/limits-of-an-inventor-part-or-assembly/td-...

you may be at a limit of the software.  That thread reports issues with detail views, section views and other children of base views when the part/assembly gets longer than 1000 meters or about 3280 feet.  Your part is is around 4328 feet.  I shortened your part to about 3137 feet and got rid of the error message.

You might try to model this layout as a series of curves and tangent track.  You might be able to create design view reps of areas of interest and use base views of those view reps to act as "detail" views in your idw.

Would exporting the base views into AutoCAD and using all the old drafting tricks there allow you to create the print you need?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 4 of 4
salariua
in reply to: swalton

Change the model units by 10^-3, as long as you are aware of it and all the exports you'll be doing will be scaled.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report