Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem - Import DWG into Inventor Sketch - Layers unavailable

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ann-Longstaff
2258 Views, 5 Replies

Problem - Import DWG into Inventor Sketch - Layers unavailable

Hello,

A couple of days ago when I went to shut down my computer ran windows updates automatically and the next morning these updates failed and the previous setting were re-configured. Windows updates ran again the next night and updated sucessfully.

Since then I have been having problems importing autocad into a sketch. In the Layers and Objects Import Options dialog box, the layers are not shown and the autocad objects can not be individually selected.

Having searched on here and it seems to suggest a problem with either AOEMViewer or DWG TrueView corrupting, although some people after uninstalling and reinstalling these viewers still experienced the problem.

I was wondering if this is the solution to the problem or if there is a hotfix to solve it without having to un/reinstall programs.

Regards,

Ann Longstaff

Inventor Suite 2010 SP4

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and has a definite solution.

Regards,

Ann

Inventor Suite 2010 SP4

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

Message 3 of 6
PACDrafting
in reply to: Ann-Longstaff

Seems like you may need to reinstall DWG Trueview.

Message 4 of 6
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: Ann-Longstaff

The versions of Inventor and DWG True View must match with each other. Which version of DWG True View are you using? The expected version should be 2010.

It seems your issue is similar with that described here (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17197674&linkID=9242018).

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Ann-Longstaff
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Inventor and DWG True View both 2010, and installed from the same Inventor disk.

Thanks for the link, I will look into that as it does seem to described my problem.

I did do a good search on different descriptions but it's a mine field on here really!

Regards,

Ann Longstaff

Message 6 of 6
Ann-Longstaff
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Jeffrey,

Thank you for the link.

IT has now worked through the solution and Inventor is now working correctly.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report