Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Drawing File

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
craigtcurtis24
93 Views, 0 Replies

Problem Drawing File

I am working on Inventor 7, and have a problem with a drawing file. Somehow the file was corrupted, and I can no longer open the drawing file. When I try and open it, my machine just runs and runs and it never opens.

I did notice that there is a lockfile.lck file in the same directory as the drawing I am having a problem with. Since I assume something is corrupt in the drawing file or somewhere this file references, I just want to start over. This is where the big problem is. I can not delete these files (and .idw, .ipn and a .iam) nor can I delete the lockfile.lck file. I get an error when I try to delete these files that says they are being used by some other program and that program needs to be shut down before I can do anything.

It is not absolutely necessary to save this file, it would not be a big problem to re-do the whole thing, but if nothing else, I would like to know what is going on, and maybe how this can be fixed if it ever happens again. I would also like to get rid of the files if possible.

Craig
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report