Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prob when using content library in assembly and sending to other pc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mbus0013
685 Views, 5 Replies

Prob when using content library in assembly and sending to other pc

I created an assembly on my computer and some of the parts used are standard parts from the content centre. Now I need to send that assembly as an email. I sent all the associated parts and files but the receiver still can't open the assembly correctly due to the parts from the content centre.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhasell
in reply to: mbus0013

The Best option is to perform a Pack and Go on the Assembly.

This will ensure that all linked files are copied to a 'temp' directory for email etc.

Pack and Go is accessed via Windows Explorer,

Right click on the Assembly

Select "Pack and Go" (Windows 7= x64\Pack and Go)

Choose a destination folder for the files (Temporary)

The project file will default to the current project active in Inventor.

The radio Boxes on the Right are self explanitory:

- Ensure that you select "Include Linked files"

- I personally  "skip Libraries, workgroups etc.

Click on the "Search now" button located just below the "project file"

The reference files are for any other documents, eg Drawings etc.

Once the list has been populated Click "Start"

Zip the files up and send them off.

Done.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 6
ampster402
in reply to: rhasell

may not be needed, but I always choose to "Copy to Single Path" when doing this.

Message 4 of 6
KFrankenberger
in reply to: rhasell

Hello,

I have another question related to this subject. I am trying to pack and go an assembly and send it to another Inventor user. When I right click on the assy, a message pops up. It reads: "The following component locations are not in the active project file. T:\Inventor\Nixon Energy\Nixon GA.iam". Nixon GA is my assy file name and it is what I right clicked on! What does this mean? Will the assy pack and go work? Also can I have the destination folder location be my desktop?

Thank you for any help you can give!!

Message 5 of 6
blair
in reply to: KFrankenberger

A lot of times when people use CC and don't save with the Custom Part option, the place when CC saves the part is outside of the scope of the Project FIle. When you open the assembly, you should take note of the "missing path error and search and add this to your Project file library directories.

Can't say how the P & Go will respond but it will speed up your loading of Inventor assemblies. All items should reside within the Project File scope.

You can always try and see if it finds the specific files. If not then edit your Project FIle to include the directory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
rhasell
in reply to: KFrankenberger

Hi

I must appologise for not getting back to you, no excuse.

I am sure you have solved your issue already, but if not, the error message is because the assembly is not part of the active project in Inventor. I am not sure if it the PnG will work properly.

My advice is to open inventor and change the active project file, ensure that you can open the assembly properly, (No unresolved links etc) You can now run the Pack n Go with confidence.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report