Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTING TO A KIP PRINTER

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
273 Views, 4 Replies

PRINTING TO A KIP PRINTER

One of our sites has a large format printer from KIP America that is model number 2900. It is set-up as a network printer and for some reason they cannot direct their printing from Inventor to it.

Does anyone have any experience with these printers? If so, please let me know your experiences and how you have it set-up.

Thanks,
Mark Grosso
BorgWarner
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have one of these. Their companion software basically real-time monitors user-specified network folders for any files placed into them. Each folder can be configured for specific drawing scales, paper size, and pen tables. They have a list of file types the software can convert for the machine to plot such as tif, plt (HPGL/2), postscript (PS), encapsulated postscript (EPS), PDF and JPG. They should have a file on the computer connected to the printer named WinReq.ini; open this in Notepad and the listing of formats is under the section titled [ConvertTypes].
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Are you having to convert your IDW's to one of these formats to plot them? Can you provide more detail?

Thanks,
Mark Grosso
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I fear this is where my help ends, as only I have Inventor installed and we are so swamped due to skeleton staffing, I haven't even got to the point of having anything to plot out of IV. BTW, our KIP just comitted another massive gear self-destruction - not the usual 4-month tooth strip, but the bi-annual fragmentation bomb. I have a feeling your guys would know what I'm talking about.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have used a KIP printer but not with Inventor. From past experience I
do recall that we had to set up an HP/gl-2 plotter that plotted to a
file, that file was placed in the folder on the server that the KIP
software monitored. Since IV uses the Windows printer/plotter setup, it
should be no problem to select a plotter whose output is a file located
in the KIP monitored folder.

--
Hal Gwin
Mechanical Designer
Xenogen

Dell Precision 650
Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon
1.5 GB DDR
Quadro4 900 XGL
nVidia 6.14.10.4201 drivers
Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report