Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing idw to pdf prompts Windows to configure Navisworks Simulate

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
shaney
1239 Views, 3 Replies

Printing idw to pdf prompts Windows to configure Navisworks Simulate

Since I updated to Inventor 2013, every time I try to print an idw as a pdf, it prompts Windows to configure Navisworks Simulate.  Message says the feature is on a CD-ROM or removable disk that is not available.  The odd thing is Navisworks Simulate is already on my computer as part of the Inventor 2013 installation.   Should I reinsert the CD that has Navisworks on it?  If I just keep hitting cancel it eventually gets to the pdf creator and everything works fine then.

Any ideas what is causing this?  I am thinking of uninstalling the Navisworks.

Windows 7 Professional SP1

Dell Optiplex 9010

Intel ® Core ™ i7 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz  3.40 GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit Operating System

PDF Creator 1.7.0

Inventor 2013

64-Bit Edition

Build: 176, Release: 2013 SP1.1 Update 1 -Date:  Thu 11/08/12

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: shaney

I installed the free Bullzip printer, not due to any problems, but because it not only does pdf's well, but allows anything you print to also be saved as a png, tiff, jpeg, etc. Never had a problem with it yet.

http://www.bullzip.com/

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Export>PDF will keep Layers in the PDF. We use Adobe Acrobat if we need to "Print" to a PDF

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
shaney
in reply to: shaney

Thanks for the replies.  The "Export to pdf" works well for me.  Also, we were able to get the "Print to pdf" to work by installing service pack for Navisworks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report