Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 11 of 13 (306 Views)

Re: print date and time

04-15-2009 08:18 AM in reply to: CAD-One

Glad it works for you. I have been using this for several years and it does work great. Wish I could take the credit for it, but I got this from this forum many moons ago. ( I think it was from an adesk person)

To get rid of the warning message, can you not disable the message by selecting the "Never show this thing again" button. It is behind the promt button on the warning message. They added this sometime ago just to warn people if they have overblotted VBA code in the idw. I think there is a performance issue when you open several idws in the same session. I can have several idws open at the same time and I don't have an issue. But if I tried to open say 100 idws in the same session, it might get bogged down.

If you don't need the variable, just remove it from the code. If it was me, I would just leave it there, never know if you will need it later. I don't know what the difference is in file size with and without the systime written to the custom prop. I am sure it is a very small difference.

*Expert Elite*
-niels-
Message 12 of 13 (306 Views)

04-16-2009 11:33 PM in reply to: CAD-One
Ok, thanks karthur.

I'll just "never show this message again" and be done with it :smileyhappy:

I don't think we'll need the timestamp anytime soon.

We've used the datestamp for quite a while through yippee pro but that got killed in 2010, so i was very glad to find this bit of code.

Using IV2014 Pro SP2 - upd.1, Win7-64bit
Valued Mentor
Ktelang
Message 13 of 13 (137 Views)

09-12-2012 11:57 AM in reply to: -niels-

Thanks karthur for sharing that code.. it's perfect !!! :smileyhappy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Config :: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64bit win7
Inventor 2013 and Vault Basic 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.