Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Inventor from Orienting to Home view after Sketch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MACKTEK
866 Views, 2 Replies

Prevent Inventor from Orienting to Home view after Sketch

I am desperate to figure out how to turn this feature off that re-orients my view after sketch edits! (using Inventor 2011)... there is a new "feature" that after a sketch edit is completed the view goes to "HOME" view instead of the view that I had when creating the edit. This is a terrible feature because now I have to re-locate my view every time I perform a sketch edit. I don't want to return to my home view... I want to return to the view that I had when performing the sketch edit. I tried several things. One other rpost suggested that I Uncheck "Look at sketch plane on Sketch creation, then Apply then recheck... I tried that and also the opposite. (this does not help). Any idea how to get back the original behavior so that the view returns back to the same view after a sketch edit rather than the home view?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: MACKTEK

That should do it, I would make one change to the "Look at Skect on Creation", exit Inventor, then re-open Inventor and make the change back to Look at Sketch. Inventor writes the changes upon proper exit of Inventor. Uncheck selection, then exit IV, open IV and select Look At Sketch. Before you start Inventor, open the Windows Task Manager and see that there are no other instances of Inventor running. This will not allow the updates to be written.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
MACKTEK
in reply to: blair

I did that except in order to return to the same view as the sketch view after editing, I had to leave it "Unchecked". Thanks! It seems that Autodesk needs to separate the behaviors into 2 distinct settings. 1. Look at Sketch Plane on Sketch Creation 2. Return to (Drop Down Box) upon edit completion: ...Home View ...Sketch View

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report