Valued Contributor
ASCO-engineering
Message 1 of 4 (528 Views)
Accepted Solution

pre-highlight functionality

528 Views, 3 Replies
09-21-2011 11:23 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to change the pre-highlight function to not highlight the entire part but just the edges or something/ In the 2012 release it lights up so bright that you can barely make out any details or other components. I know i can turn it off compeltely, but then it's very hard to make out what you're actually selecting. How about only highlighting the edges of a part instead?

Misha

IVsuite 2012 SP1 + Vault

Hi Misha,

Try to uncheck the box "Enable Enhanced Highlighting" in menu Tools > Options > Application Options > Colors tab.

Selection.png

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Alessandro

Product Support
alessandro.gasso
Message 2 of 4 (520 Views)

Re: pre-highlight functionality

09-22-2011 01:06 AM in reply to: ASCO-engineering

Hi Misha,

Try to uncheck the box "Enable Enhanced Highlighting" in menu Tools > Options > Application Options > Colors tab.

Selection.png

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Alessandro

Alessandro Gasso
Product Support Technical Lead
MFG - Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.
Valued Contributor
ASCO-engineering
Message 3 of 4 (515 Views)

09-22-2011 01:22 AM in reply to: alessandro.gasso

YES!

Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Mentor
CrAzY-MiKe
Message 4 of 4 (408 Views)

04-04-2012 08:19 AM in reply to: alessandro.gasso

Hi Alessandro,

It has obviously been a little over 6 months since this post was resolved. I have another issue at the moment concerning Highlighting.

One of the changes I prefer in the Application Options is to un-select both of the Highlight options you illustrated for Misha. I get better performance with my SpaceNavigator in large assemblies with them disabled.

My problem is that since I upgraded from IV-2011 to IV-2012 (both Product Design Suite Premium), parts and assemblies still highlight when I pass over them, even when disabled in the AO. Other changes (like reverse zoom for the wheel mouse, because I am still so AutoCAD oriented) work fine. It seems to be only this Highlight issue.

Maybe something buggy happened during my upgrade/install, which seems likely since apparently nobody else has rasied this question. It is probably related to the fact that I also cannot save these changes between sessions, and have to re-set them every time I start Inventor.

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013
Inventor 2013 64-bit Edition
Win7-64, 8-core Intel® Xeon® CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
454 GB HD, Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
SpaceNavigator, 3.14.2 / 6.14.0 / 3.18
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.