Valued Contributor
ASCO-engineering
Message 1 of 4 (859 Views)
Accepted Solution

pre-highlight functionality

859 Views, 3 Replies
09-21-2011 11:23 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to change the pre-highlight function to not highlight the entire part but just the edges or something/ In the 2012 release it lights up so bright that you can barely make out any details or other components. I know i can turn it off compeltely, but then it's very hard to make out what you're actually selecting. How about only highlighting the edges of a part instead?

Misha

IVsuite 2012 SP1 + Vault

Hi Misha,

Try to uncheck the box "Enable Enhanced Highlighting" in menu Tools > Options > Application Options > Colors tab.

Selection.png

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Alessandro

Product Support
alessandro.gasso
Message 2 of 4 (851 Views)

Re: pre-highlight functionality

09-22-2011 01:06 AM in reply to: ASCO-engineering

Hi Misha,

Try to uncheck the box "Enable Enhanced Highlighting" in menu Tools > Options > Application Options > Colors tab.

Selection.png

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Alessandro

Alessandro Gasso
Product Support Technical Lead
MFG - Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.
Valued Contributor
ASCO-engineering
Message 3 of 4 (846 Views)

09-22-2011 01:22 AM in reply to: alessandro.gasso

YES!

Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Mentor
CrAzY-MiKe
Message 4 of 4 (739 Views)

04-04-2012 08:19 AM in reply to: alessandro.gasso

Hi Alessandro,

It has obviously been a little over 6 months since this post was resolved. I have another issue at the moment concerning Highlighting.

One of the changes I prefer in the Application Options is to un-select both of the Highlight options you illustrated for Misha. I get better performance with my SpaceNavigator in large assemblies with them disabled.

My problem is that since I upgraded from IV-2011 to IV-2012 (both Product Design Suite Premium), parts and assemblies still highlight when I pass over them, even when disabled in the AO. Other changes (like reverse zoom for the wheel mouse, because I am still so AutoCAD oriented) work fine. It seems to be only this Highlight issue.

Maybe something buggy happened during my upgrade/install, which seems likely since apparently nobody else has rasied this question. It is probably related to the fact that I also cannot save these changes between sessions, and have to re-set them every time I start Inventor.

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013
Inventor 2013 64-bit Edition
Win7-64, 8-core Intel® Xeon® CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
454 GB HD, Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
SpaceNavigator, 3.14.2 / 6.14.0 / 3.18
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.