Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practice lesson or Projects for Autodesk Inventor

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
akakumara
46866 Views, 15 Replies

Practice lesson or Projects for Autodesk Inventor

Hi,

I am new to Inventor and trying to learn it with books myself. I want to know, is there any site wich offer practise lesson/project on different topics about Autodesk Invetor.

Regards

Arun

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
JDMather
in reply to: akakumara

Help>Learning Tools>Tutorials

Help>Learning Tools>Skillbuilders

Curtis W

JD

http://au.autodesk.com

mcadforums

Rob Cohee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 16

It is good to hear Arun that you are learning Autodesk Inventor by books yourself.  I also learned the software myself.  You can visit my Blog here you will find screen videos showing full part/assembly modeling process.  You can watch the video and re-create the 3D Parametric Models yourself.  There are videos on Dynamic Simulation and Drive Constrains, Inventor Studio etc. too.

Regards

Nivesh Srivastava

3D Parametric Solid Model Drawing

Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional
License 00232728 September 2012
Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
License 00232727 June 2012

Message 4 of 16
akakumara

Thanks JDMather and Nivesh Man Happy for the valuable links and suggestion.  This is what I wanted.

Regards
Arun

Message 5 of 16

Arun here is link of playlist of videos featuring Solid Model on the basis of 2D sketches (Origin taken form Respected Curtis Waguespack's Blog). Hope it will help you in your practise....

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKWX3xUP3pPogJ-snxl4NP18CEi-I82dU

It contains 25 videos with 24 Models... (check the video description too)....

Message 6 of 16
defonse
in reply to: niveshandnisheeth

Hello, I'm new to autodesk inventor, I was wondering if you found a place with projects or lessons to practice and learn 🙂

thanks, and what kind of projects do you currently do with inventor? It seems an awesome software to learn!!

Luis Fonseca

Message 7 of 16
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: defonse

Hi defonse,

There is a PDF at this link that contains some practice drawings:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/03/modeling-practice-drawings-for-inventor.html

Also at that link are some complete engine plans from Inventor Wizards site as well as a couple from Davy Archer's site.

And if you're really up for a challenge, try some of these:

http://www.ivngwc.org./index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=39&Itemid=53

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 16

Hi everyone, I need some help here!!!

I am fairly new to AUTO INVENTOR, absolutely love it and i am very driven and motivated to learn more and become better at it in every aspect, so i have been looking for some sort of (BLUEPRINTS) for previous project that have been designed and created so i can recreate them my self to learn, but all i find is pictures and blueprints with out the 'DIMENSIONS' which is what i need to recreate them, if anyone knows any books or sites i can find what i am looking for then please get back to me i would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you.

Message 9 of 16

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/03/modeling-practice-drawings-for-inventor.html

also,

there is probably a building called "The Library" at your school or in your town that has artifacts called "books" that have dimensioned drawings you could use for practice.  Ask the person at the front desk in this building for books on technical drafting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
SORJM
in reply to: jacobprescott1992

I think you have not visited the link provided by Sir Curtis Waguespack. The drawing Sheets avilable there are with full dimensions. Just visit and then post questions here. 

Regards 

Nisheeth.

Message 11 of 16
jayesh9009

This thread has everything i wanted.

Message 12 of 16

Great link!

Message 13 of 16
JDMather
in reply to: kurt4wilson

Add this to the list Tips and Tricks.

EESignature

Message 14 of 16

Hi Jacob!

I can't give You toutorial links but I can suggest link to site with complete projects for donwload. Some are for purchase, and some are free.

Those projects are form mechanical engineering field, and designed in Inventor 2014.

www.papacad.com

Regards

Slaw

Message 15 of 16

Thanks! its really helpful.

Message 16 of 16

Follow following steps-

• learn all that is in autodesk Inventor tutorials. 
  • Dont try to jump fast, be patient.
  • Think very simple exercises and use you tube lessons, by searching for the specific task, for example, if you find difficult to understand use of "Planes", search you tube for "planes in inventor" and such key words.
  • Look for excellent projects, published under the heading "Hands on test drive" by older versions of autodesk, I think Inventor 6, to 10.
  • Visit and download free manual and training from-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report