Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerful Application incredibly fustrating to use.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ben.design63
278 Views, 2 Replies

Powerful Application incredibly fustrating to use.

Creating a sketch from a work plane to extrude up to a solid body does not work! Creating the extrusion as a separate body does work but I do not what that,  I want to make a feature of the  same body for obvious reasons like Adding fillets.

When creating a sketch on the right plane or YZ plane to create a symmetry extrusion you cannot see the sketch you are TRYING to create because it is block by the body created earlier, making this part transparent is not  an option when you are trying to line the sketch up with the body.

Simple things like sweeps, swept profiles using a 3D sketches just don't work! I used a curved profile and swept it across two different 3D sketches and every combination I tried I received really poor results.

If Autodesk, Solidworks and Unigraphics all got together they would produce a really good product, ONE product that works and is far better than three different products that don't! I discovered Autodesk Inventor and Fusion and I thought at first my problems had been solved, making the move from Solid never Works, design software is there to make life easier and save time however how wrong can I possibly be.

Unfortunately we are living in the age where making money and false product advertising count for MORE than making really good products that work. What happened to good customer service? As you can see from the column to right I am not alone with my views, I also experience inventor crashing and the same with fusion. When editing a surface from inventor inside fusion and I move a few of the points with the widget it crashes, fusion is a very good idea........When it crashes you are unaware whether or not your work has been lost or has it saved it?

I am thankful that I am able test the software from a free download from Autodesk but I am very hesitant to part with hard  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi ben.design63, 

If you post examples of each issue, I'm sure people will be able to help you find a solution. Often it's just a matter of the correct approach.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: ben.design63

All of your scenarios sound pretty simple to me.

Attach the file(s) here that exhibit this behavior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report