Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to create section view of single component in a Presentation file?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hhls11
850 Views, 2 Replies

Possible to create section view of single component in a Presentation file?

I'm in the process of creating an exploded view of an assembly. I'm having to do this in a presentation file, and I was wondering if it was possible to section one of the parts in the exploded view. To be more specific, I have the majority of my parts spread out around another assembly in the center of the page. I want to get a three quarter section view of the center assembly so the internals are visible. Is this possble from within a presentation file and if so, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Inventor Professional 2021
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: hhls11

Hi hhls11, 

You can do this using a Break Out view.

You'll need two other views to set this up. You can move those views outside of the title block or to another sheet if you don't want to see them on the final drawing.

To create the profile sketch you need to select the side view first, then use the Create Sketch button. Selecting the view first associates the sketch to the view.

To create the depth sketch you need to select the end view first, then use the Create Sketch button and add a line at the depth you want the break out cut to terminate.

When you have the sketches set up in your views,  you can use the Break Out tool on the side view. If you project an isometric view from the side view it will inherit the break out.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Section Exploded View1.png

Autodesk Inventor Section Exploded View2.png

Message 3 of 3
hhls11
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I appreciate the how-to. This will work just fine. 

Although this solution works for me, I did want to clarify that I was wanting to get this view while in the presentation file (.ipn) and not a drawing file.

Thanks again!

Inventor Professional 2021
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report