Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change 'Default' Material to Steel...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GSE_Dan_A
495 Views, 2 Replies

Possible to change 'Default' Material to Steel...

Hello,

I received a rather large assembly file from a client that was done in Pro E.  I was wondering if it is possible to change the entire assembly from Default material to steel without having to go into each individual part and changing its material manually (which could take several hours) I am using INV 2012 Pro with SP1 installed.

Regards,

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Someone else may have a better solution with a macro or something, but an easy way of doing this with basic Inventor functions would be to use the assembly Bill of Materials.  Open up the BOM from the assembly (Assemble tab), and add the Material column if it isn't already there.

Set the first part's material to Steel.  Then highlight that cell and Copy.  Select the Material cells for the remaining parts (click in the first, drag to the bottom), then Paste.

Message 3 of 3
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: jtylerbc

jtyler....

Your suggestion worked perfectly.  Did not take as long as I would of thought. Appreciate the help!

Regards,

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report