Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positioning 2 sub-assemblies exactly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rhoscadman
4885 Views, 4 Replies

Positioning 2 sub-assemblies exactly

Hi,

I have 2 tanks, each one is an assembly in itself, and they have to be positioned on a steel skid, also an assembly and then interconnecting pipework between the two. My prioblem is that I can't seem to find a way to position the two tanks at a set distance from each other and in relation to the edges of the skid.

Because of this, my pipe router is going all over the place in trying to join up the two termination points.

Any suggetsions?

Rhoscadman

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: rhoscadman

Are we talking about something other then a distance mate?

Can you post some images with further explaination?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
rjezuit
in reply to: Cadmanto

Vertical or horizontal tanks? If vertical, create an axis on each tank and constrain them a distance apart and from the edges from the skid. You can also use the planes in the tank assy file to position them in exact orientations

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: rjezuit

or at least post a screen capture

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
rhoscadman
in reply to: rjezuit

Thanks for the prompt help, folks. I appreciate that.

Yes the constrain between the edge of the skid and tto the edge of the holding down lugs, plus an offset distance seemed to do the trick

Once again, many thanks.

Rhoscadman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report