Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positional Representations in a drawing(.idw)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
xtlitl
595 Views, 1 Reply

Positional Representations in a drawing(.idw)

hello,

I am trying to show a shaft of an assembly in a retracted position in one view, an intermediate position in a second view, and in an extended position in a third view, all in one drawing sheet.  I'm using positional reps to do this, or rather to attempt to do this.

I place the first view with the shaft in retracted position, then when I place the second view into the drawing with the shaft in extended position, the first view I placed changes to match that extended position view.

Basically, how do I show two or more positions of assembly parts in a single drawing?

Positional reps seem the logical way but I must be using them incorrectly?

Thanks for any help-

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: xtlitl

Hi!

I supose you already have configured the trhee positions right?

1.png

Now, to put them in Drawing is easy:

All you have to do is choose the "Position" you want in each view.

In the figure below I placed already the "master" and "position 1", now i'm placing the "position2" choosing that position in the "position " List.

2.png

Note:You can also have several "Positinoal rep" in the same view using the "Overlay" tool.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report