Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positional Rep Animation Stuttering

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JOLLYAL
809 Views, 2 Replies

Positional Rep Animation Stuttering

Program: Inventor Professional 2014

On a small assembly, the positional rep animation runs smoothly from one constraint to the other.  But when I incorporate a large assembly the animation stutters and is jerky between constraints.  Any ideas on what the problem could be and how I could improve the 'FPS' of the animation from one constraint to the next?  I recorded a vid showing the differences between a simple assembly and a more complex one.  Could it be the limitations on my graphics card (Nvidia FX3800)?  Maybe my constraints are too complex?  Or possibly the appearace of the materials?  Let me know if I should supply more information to help solve this problem.  Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2pGldJvNUo

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @3.7ghz
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P4000
Monitors: Dual Asus 24" 1920x1080
Memory: 32gb
GPU Control Panel: Nvidia Version 451.77 for Quadro P4000
Autodesk Platform: Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: JOLLYAL

Is that simply a screen capture of the animation player?

Actual Render recording of the animation should be smoother than using the Animation Timeline Player. (offline vs realtime)

You can change the Frame Rate for Recording.

Render.png

Real time is dependant on your graphics card, complexity.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
JOLLYAL
in reply to: JDMather

Correct, I'm using an external video recorder (XSplit) to record this animation.  

My goal was to show a video of the positional constraints in an animated form rather than rendering the animation.  If I were to render this animation, would the finished product be smoother (depending on the FPS I use)?  I was looking for a faster result than waiting for each frame to render and stitch together to make a video. 

Edit - the full animation is 22 seconds long, and if I run at 10fps with the lowest anti-asailing on, it tells me it will take about 5 hours to render this animation at 640x480.  I was looking for something that could take a lot less time and still look smooth during a screen-recording.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @3.7ghz
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P4000
Monitors: Dual Asus 24" 1920x1080
Memory: 32gb
GPU Control Panel: Nvidia Version 451.77 for Quadro P4000
Autodesk Platform: Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report