Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out a Content Center

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
FritscheDesign
814 Views, 21 Replies

Porting out a Content Center

Okay,

So I have been creating a custom Content Center at home on my system to use for the work I do, but now a company i am doing work for wants to use my Content Center as one of theirs....

Is there any way of "pack -n- going" a user Content Center to another system, without copying all the iparts used to created said CC and re-importing them?
IV 2010 SP3
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

Do you know if there is nay plans to make, deleting a family from the CC just to make a change , go away?

Shouldn't there be some form of parametrics that stays "live" even though a family of parts is published from a base ipart?
IV 2010 SP3
Message 22 of 22

I get what your saying, adding more sizes are not our problem, I can do that, but adding a new feature to the part or removing one is something that comes up a lot. Example, and work point needs to now be added to a family of parts so that routing hoses and or harnesses is easier by having a point to snap to, but the only way we can figure out how to do this is to delete the family out, ad the feature to the ipart, re-publish the part and replace every instance of the older family ipart with the new one.... a lot of work to simply add in a workpoint
IV 2010 SP3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report