Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Jerome
Message 1 of 10 (254 Views)

Portable License Utility Error

254 Views, 9 Replies
12-18-2003 11:19 PM
Some of you might encounter this problem before, I was trying to access the PLU and got an error code . Invalid License Information Error Code: [14.1.10] I've been thru the Knowledge Base of Adesk but to no avail. Can someone shed the light? AIP8 XP Pro sp1 regards, Jerome
*Cy Shuster
Message 2 of 10 (254 Views)

Re: Portable License Utility Error

12-19-2003 07:23 AM in reply to: *Jerome
That's a new one on me. Possibly it's an installation error of some kind. Can you give some history to the problem? The PLU has an activity log at Docs & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\PLU (text format). Please paste it in. The PLU transfers the license, but doesn't repair any problems; that happens within the product itself. What happens when you launch IV8? --Cy-- "Jerome" wrote in message news:3fe2a69e_5@statler... > Some of you might encounter this problem before, I was trying to > access the PLU and got an error code . > Invalid License Information > Error Code: [14.1.10] > I've been thru the Knowledge Base of Adesk but to no avail. > Can someone shed the light? > > AIP8 > XP Pro sp1 > > regards, > Jerome > >
*Andi Auburger
Message 3 of 10 (254 Views)

01-05-2004 04:34 AM in reply to: *Jerome
Cy Shuster schrieb: > That's a new one on me. Possibly it's an installation error of some kind. > Can you give some history to the problem? The PLU has an activity log at > Docs & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\PLU (text format). > Please paste it in. > > The PLU transfers the license, but doesn't repair any problems; that happens > within the product itself. What happens when you launch IV8? > > --Cy-- > Hi Cy, same here: AIP8 on XP Pro SP1 The folder PLU ist empty, there's no logfile on drive C: The "aipplu_lnk.zip" from the Autodesk Homepage didn't change anything. Regards Andi
*Cy Shuster
Message 4 of 10 (254 Views)

01-05-2004 07:05 AM in reply to: *Jerome
And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? --Cy-- "Andi Auburger" wrote in message news:3ff959cd$1_5@statler... > Hi Cy, > > same here: AIP8 on XP Pro SP1 > The folder PLU ist empty, there's no logfile on drive C: > The "aipplu_lnk.zip" from the Autodesk Homepage didn't change anything. > Regards > > Andi >
*Andi Auburger
Message 5 of 10 (254 Views)

01-05-2004 07:08 AM in reply to: *Jerome
Cy Shuster schrieb: > And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? INV 8 starts with no unusual message. In "?"-"About" there's displayed the correct license information. Andi
*Jerome
Message 6 of 10 (48 Views)

01-05-2004 05:00 PM in reply to: *Jerome
Cy, Here's the activity log of PLU JEROME XZ0T A52J CV2L QA8R Inventor 8 launched normally. no error messages or whatsoever. Maybe sometime I'll try to uninstall/reinstall AIS8...if that will help. Thanks, Jerome "Cy Shuster" wrote in message news:3ff97d4e_1@statler... > And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? > > --Cy-- > > "Andi Auburger" wrote in message > news:3ff959cd$1_5@statler... > > Hi Cy, > > > > same here: AIP8 on XP Pro SP1 > > The folder PLU ist empty, there's no logfile on drive C: > > The "aipplu_lnk.zip" from the Autodesk Homepage didn't change anything. > > Regards > > > > Andi > > > >
*Cy Shuster
Message 7 of 10 (48 Views)

01-06-2004 06:12 AM in reply to: *Jerome
Jerome, That's your computer list. The log file has a name like this: B241A000plu.log. Did the PLU ever run successfully? --Cy--
*Cy Shuster
Message 8 of 10 (48 Views)

01-06-2004 06:16 AM in reply to: *Jerome
I don't know; call Support on this one. It's an internal error, which could be an installation problem, or a conflict with some other software. All I can think of to try is a reinstall. --Cy-- "Andi Auburger" wrote in message news:3ff97e1b$1_4@statler... > Cy Shuster schrieb: > > > And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? > INV 8 starts with no unusual message. > In "?"-"About" there's displayed the correct license information. > > Andi >
*Jerome
Message 9 of 10 (48 Views)

01-07-2004 11:36 PM in reply to: *Jerome
Cy, There's no log file except for the only file plulist.xml. PLU never run successfully from the start of Inv 8. I did uninstall/clean registry/reinstall AIS but still the same problem. Thanks, Jerome "Cy Shuster" wrote in message news:3ffac257$1_7@statler... > Jerome, > > That's your computer list. The log file has a name like this: > B241A000plu.log. Did the PLU ever run successfully? > > --Cy-- > >
*Cy Shuster
Message 10 of 10 (48 Views)

01-08-2004 06:30 AM in reply to: *Jerome
Sorry, I have no ideas on this one. Call support... --Cy-- "Jerome" wrote in message news:3ffd0889$1_1@statler... > Cy, > > There's no log file except for the only file plulist.xml. > PLU never run successfully from the start of Inv 8. > I did uninstall/clean registry/reinstall AIS but still the same problem. > > Thanks, > Jerome > > "Cy Shuster" wrote in message news:3ffac257$1_7@statler... > > Jerome, > > > > That's your computer list. The log file has a name like this: > > B241A000plu.log. Did the PLU ever run successfully? > > > > --Cy-- > > > > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.