Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating iProperties at Project level

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
544 Views, 4 Replies

Populating iProperties at Project level

I've just been going through filling in the iProperties in my latest project so that they in turn populate my drawing title blocks and realised that some fields remain the same for every part and assembly (Company and Project to be exact).  Is there any way to populate these fields at a project level so that I don't have to keep typing them in, or should this be posted in the Ideastation?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Use the Design Assistant to copy the properties.

Basic Proceedure:

Make the changes to the GA.

Close and save the file.

Ensure no files are open.

File open dialog box, RMB on the GA, select "Design Assistant"

Click on Properties.

RMB on the GA

Select "Copy Design Properties"

Select the iProperties you wish to copy.

Selct the files

Click on "copy"

All done.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi spackle42,

In addition to the Design Assistant, you can copy iProperties from one component to others using the Bill Of Materials editor. Changes made in the assembly BOM as pushed down into the component files.

Simply add the iProperties to the BOM grid, then select the iProperty cell value to be copied, and then select the cells to copy to, and paste.

Additionally, you can Copy/Fill the cells much like you would do in Excel:

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 5

I've also made lists in Excel and copied right over: if (using your graphic) we pretend that your Mark Number needs to be something like UX950-01 through UX950-09, you can do the incrementing with Excel and then paste it into the BOM editor.

Message 5 of 5
The_Angry_Elf

Some great options have been posted for you here but if I understand you correctly, there is one other way you can do some of these.

You posted that some of the properties are company related, dare I assume that for these you know you can populate them into your template files?

Let's say you have a specific part that based on company standards is always, always made out of Stainless Steel, create a template file where the Material is set to Stainless Steel and poof, you're done. Everytime that template is used to create a part, the associated properties are automatically populated accordingly based on that material. You can use the very same appraoch for other templates you may need. Again, this may not solve all your issues, but I think a combo of this and the options posted here, you can do what you need to have done.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report