Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Quality of printing to pdf and/or any image file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DiepFreezeR
525 Views, 5 Replies

Poor Quality of printing to pdf and/or any image file.

Printing and/or exporting quality in inventor 2013 (part of design suite) is very poor. Even exporting to 3DS Max (which is extra time consuming) to archive better pic's is not a solution (not all items show up in #DS Max). Is there some tutorial or thread for improving this? I did some trails with option as DPI settings etc. with rather disappointing results.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: DiepFreezeR

There is DPI settings in the Options Tab when you are doing the Export to PDF.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
DiepFreezeR
in reply to: blair

I noticed DPI setting as I mentioned Smiley Sad I forgot to mention that i was exporting to pdf straight from the .aim file (the pdf option is there not functioning). There is no control of output.

Message 4 of 6
Ajcraig99

can you post the part file?

Message 5 of 6
blair

You might transfer it to Studio within Inventor and then Render it out. You can set the res you want. You can't get PDF though, If you set your background to a solid color and select PNG and inter the Options and select Alpha Chanel, it will make the background transparent.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

tools..application options..hardware tab.. set to quality.

Then use studio or realistic view with raytracing (<--I prefer this now vs studio)..

Then simply use the windows "snippit" tool to grab your image or save copy as.. 

If "normal" everyday display mode was "super high quality" then everone would complain that everything is slow all the time.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report