Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll - Do you use all caps on your drawing or upper case/lower case

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jmlip
5162 Views, 11 Replies

Poll - Do you use all caps on your drawing or upper case/lower case

Hello,  do you use all caps or do you use upper case/lower case in your drawing title block, bom, and notes?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jtylerbc
in reply to: jmlip

All caps here.  Same was true at my previous company, so you can count me as two votes for caps.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jtylerbc

We use all the lowercase except the company name.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

All Caps in all the companies I have worked for over the last 16 years I've been in Australia.

Message 5 of 12
harco

All caps is the norm in our company, I expect it's because that's how hand drawings were done as it makes it a lot clearer.

Nowadays we're all on CAD and everything is laser printed giving consistent and identical font size and quality so maybe there is not the need for caps.

YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE IF SOME ONE TYPES IN CAPS IT ISN'T AS EASY TO READ.

I notice this problem most on a large build instruction document.

Message 6 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: harco

Years ago I took a graphics design class were the emphasized and demonstrated that ALL CAPS was harder to read than Uppercase and Lower case.
But even though we left the drawing boards in the last century it will probably take the standards a couple of decades to catch up to the technology.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Regular case just like I'm using here.  The difficult to read all caps standards should go the way of the drafting board.

So far not one user of the drawings has even mentioned that I'm defying the standards.

Message 8 of 12
IgorMir

All caps for the text in Title Block and general annotations if they are not too long. If they are - then the normal text applies. For the Parts list - each and every word starts with capital letter but the body of the words are in low case.

Regards,

Igor.

@jmlip wrote:

Hello,  do you use all caps or do you use upper case/lower case in your drawing title block, bom, and notes?

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 9 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: IgorMir

We use a combination, Upper and lower in out titleblocks, while drawing notes and dimensions are all still in CAPS.  Everywhere else I've worked over the last 20 years has been all CAPS.

Message 10 of 12
SBix26

All caps is our standard, with exceptions for required lower case letters-- for example pH, McMASTER, mm, etc.  I would prefer going to mixed case for readability, though that leaves more latitude for individual differences in part descriptions.  Filenames, however, are allowed to be mixed case.

Message 11 of 12
kstate92

All caps for one unassailable (IMHO) reason: to avoid the inevitable, pointless, time-wasting debates about what should and should not be capitalized (Zerk? no, zerk!!, etc.).  It's like asking five economists their opinion: you're going to get seven or eight theories in return.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 12 of 12
markc-uk
in reply to: kstate92

PURE CAPITAL LETTERS HERESmiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report