Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polished Aluminum Diamond Plate

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
7743 Views, 4 Replies

Polished Aluminum Diamond Plate

Hello,

I have a sheet metal part I need to show as polished aluminum diamond plate on one side of the material only, just as it would appear on the actual part.  Can anyone help me with this?

Inventor 2013

Thanks,

PE

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click on the face you want and choose properties.  It is going to show the list you have selected in the appearance browser.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

The material I am using is Aluminum 6061.  I have tried to change the face properties but the diamond plate choices are not available.  I am wanting it to appear similar to the attached jpg file.

Thanks,

PE

Message 4 of 5
mpatchus

By adjusting your color styles, you should be able to create a fairly realistic version.

diamondPlate1.JPG

Here are the settings I used to create this plate.

diamondplate2.JPG

diamondplate3.JPG

Changing your Visual Style to REALISTIC will improve the appearance.

Also try a different reflection image in your Inventor Color Options.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 5
karthur1

First, make sure your have either the Inventor materials or Autodesk materials library selected in the Apperance browser.  Right click on the surface and select the diamond plate2-Dark Gray.

Now go to the Tools tab, materials and apperance panel and click the appearance tool. the diamond plate 2- Dark grey should be in the list at the top.  To edit the scale and appearance of this right click on the image and chose "edit".

Like Mike says, you will have to change the color/scale to get it the way you want.  once you get this right, right click on the image again and choose Add to>Favorites if you want to use this in other documents.

2012-08-30_1347.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report