Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephengibson76
935 Views, 4 Replies

Plot styles

I want to print greyscale but our logo in colour.  I have set up all of the style colours to drop into AutoCAD and match our current AutoCAD drawing standards as far as I can see, I have a couple of options

1.  Save as Autocad and print from there

2.  Remove our sketched logo and embed a raster, (not keen on), then select the "all colours as black" option when printing, (still doesnt give me greyscale)

3.  copy the sheet and manually change each dimension, note, view etc to a different standard, copy back to sheet 1 and use a rule to turn different layers on and off, (sounds like hard work)

I am open to suggestions and interested in how others handle the lack of printing options.  Again, I am dismayed by the lack of coherency between Inventor and AutoCAD, the sales pitch is such BS

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

On this opne again...

Why doesnt Inventor have plot styles???  Or even an option in the styles editor add another set of layers that you can switch to...

Saving as AutoCAD drops all the colours on as RGB whuch you can not even assign to a plot style

It seems like a simple task, I want to plot from Inventor, saveas Autocad and plot again and I want the 2 plots to look identical...

Stephen Gibson

Message 3 of 5

no news on this?  or even some workflows that others are using

Stephen Gibson

Message 4 of 5

No-body using Inventor and AutoCAD on the same projects then???

Stephen Gibson

Message 5 of 5
CAD-One
in reply to: stephengibson76

Not sure if this is on your lines of interest.
Try exporting everything in GREY on your drawings to autocad but logo. Add colorful logo in autocad.
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report