Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me to do Final exam by make a skateboard with autodesk inventor 2011

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
nghiapkmart
5538 Views, 10 Replies

Please Help me to do Final exam by make a skateboard with autodesk inventor 2011

Hello everybody! i am high school student, and my teacher offers me to do the Skateboard with autodesk inventor 2011. We just learned this software like 2 weeks, and it is extremely hard to me. I just get a little bit of knowledge about it. I dont want FAIL this class because i need it to graduate :(. Can your guys help me to do this projects?. I very very appreciate ur guys. i have to turn in this friday :(. He said that i can do also anything, but must have 6 pieces. Can you guys send me 6 parts of thing?
Here is the Drawing he gave me

THX THX THX UR GUYS ALOT for reading Smiley Wink

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
nghiapkmart
in reply to: nghiapkmart

Dont know why i cant post the image of Drawing 😞 but they are 9 pieces

WHEEL, POLYURETHANE

BEARING

RUBBER SPACER, EXTERIOR

WASHER, EXTERIOR

RUBBER SPACER, INTERIOR

KING PIN

BOARD

and 2 parts no have name 😞

Message 3 of 11

this will get you started...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 4 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: stephengibson76

Stephen..whats wrong with you?

You just helped a student cheat on his final exam.. BS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 11
stephengibson76
in reply to: mcgyvr

this model has been around a long time...  i suspect that the teacher will have had it pushed in front of him many times if this is a task that he sets often, which it looks like it is Smiley Wink

anyways, eatin is cheatin, copying someones work is plagiarism

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 6 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: stephengibson76

@stephengibson76 wrote:

.....  i suspect that the teacher will have had it pushed in front of him many times if this is a task that he sets often, which it looks like it is....

From my experience - a teacher who would assign a project of this complexity after only two weeks of instruction probably does not have much experience.  My suggestion to the OP is to NOT use this assembly.  Greatly simplify your project compared to this assembly or make significant changes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
JDMather

@nghiapkmart wrote:

Dont know why i cant post the image of Drawing 😞 but they are 9 pieces

Try zipping the images and Attach rather than inserting in the body of text.

Someone will help you - but I suggest you do the actual work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
nghiapkmart
in reply to: JDMather

i am not trying to cheat, this is extremely hard to me. Your guys have to know that is student come to class do not study much and just playing around. In my class have many students, but just me and 3 other students get an A in this class. We just study this sofware only 2 weeks and this semester go too fast. Thats why i need help from ur guys to pass this class. I will review it also, and not just download and bring up to the teacher. He is not stupid and will find out that i am cheating. Thanks for helping from ur guys Stephen and JD. peace!

Message 9 of 11
JDMather

Post back as you run into trouble and be sure to attach the Inventor file.

Someone will help you out.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
robmatthews

How about a few tips to get you started...

Start with a wheel.  Create a new part. Think of the cross section, looking across (not along) the axle.  Sketch the top half of this. make it a closed loop. Draw a line representing the axle.  Fully dimension everything, so that the line on your status bar says "Fully Constrained" or similar, but don't necessaryliy get too hung up on this. Exit the sketch, and revolve the loop around the axle line. Viola! Wheel complete. Save.

The Deck: At your level, flat will probably be sufficient. start a new part (ipt). On the first sketch, draw the plan view of the deck. fully dimension it, and try to make it symmetrical. Tip: draw a rectangle, and dimension that to get the scale right. Then put some arcs in to round off the corners suitably. Trim. Exit sketch, and extrude 10mm or whatever.  Save.  Rightclick on the part name in the browser, choose iProps, and change material to Wood- whatever. Save. Do a sketch on the bottom side. Hold F4 and drag with the mouse to change view, or drag the view cube (in the top right corner), or click on the view-cube.  Put in 4 points for the truck mounting holes, in two places. Dimension them. Exit sketch. Create a hole feature, change dimensions of the hole to suit. Save.

Repeat for bearings (Revolve, like the wheel), don't bother modelling the balls, just the inner diameter, outer diameter and width.

Repeat repeat for the Axle (with another revolve part).

Trucks: New Part. Start with a big ol' rectangle.  Extrude solid. Now do some sketches and Extrude-remove to get rid of everything that doesn't look like the trucks. Save.  (Yeah, i know, this was a bit of useless modelling advice, but the trucks can be as simple or complicated as you want.)

Now to put it together.

Start a new Assembly file.  Place the deck. It will automatically be grounded; this means it can't move.  Now place the truck part twice.  You should have put some holes in them to match the deck holes.  Click constraint, and change to insert type (The one on the right, 4th one across). select a hole on the truck, then a hole on the underneath of the deck. The truck should move. Repeat with another hole to align the truck.  Save. Two insert constraints has now fully fixed that truck. You won't be able to drag it any more, whereas the other truck will still be "loose", and you should be able to drag it. Note, if you click the wrong holes, or if your hole centres are different, then you will get an error. You can expand the part in the browser to edit the constraint, etc. Maybe use an angle constraint instead of the second insert to fix things up if you're have proplems. Save.

Repeat with the second truck, so it is fixed in place. Save.

Repeat with axles, (Save.) bearings (Save.) and wheels.   Save.

Cool, now you're almost done, but you can't really print that out.  Start a new file, a drawing (idw).  place new base, and make sure you choose the assembly.  Ensure the orientation is correct. Place some projected views. Right click, and continue. Save. put some dimensions on. Save.  If you want, do some section views, and dimension these. Save.

Ensure that the title block is filled our with your details. Save. Close all files, and create a zip file containing ALL files you have just created: all ipt (part) files, the iam (assembly) and the idw.

Email this file to your teacher, or submit it however.

Come back here, and thank me.

Then try to model something else from your life. Use search here to find out how to solve problems you come up against.  try to help other people. Go to college and get a degree (or diploma or something) and get a job designing funky, unique and interesting stuff, that no one else would ever have thought of.

And in 15 years time, think of me, and this post, and laugh.

(I wonder if my FEA simulation is done yet...)

=============================================
This is my signature, not part of my post.
Message 11 of 11
nghiapkmart
in reply to: robmatthews

OK i made the train by helping from friends! thanks ur guys anyway i will take all the information that your guys give me to pratice, and it means ur post is helpful for me :D. Again thax thax thax ur guys alot!!!! Have a nice day 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report