Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me to copy multi feature and change their dimension in a part

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
thanhthe
230 Views, 6 Replies

Please help me to copy multi feature and change their dimension in a part

Dear all

I want to make a kitchen cabinet with many modules. 

I do it with Woodwork4Inventor, everything is ok. But I want to copy many modules (as a feature) and change their dimension (in sketch) , in part making not in assembly, that makes my work faster. Just like copying solids in Autocad 3D. I cannot copy many modules as in Autocad 

Do you have any suggestion??

I have some picture below to explain my question

Step 1. I make a module like this

2014-11-10_223927.jpg

Step 2. I want to copy many more modules just like in autocad 3D . They automatically create solids and sketch as shown beside in browser

2014-11-10_224019.jpg

Step 3. I change dimension in sketch, and it updates the module like this

2014-11-10_224406.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wimann
in reply to: thanhthe

Welcome to the forums.

I mean you can copy features and paste them into a browser. Inventor may ask your for additional information regarding the definition but it should be that easy. Or you can create what is called an iFeature. There are several tutorials on youtube and through autodesk help about how that works. I'm not sure how iFeatures will integrate with multibody modeling or if you'll be able to specify that on placement, but you might be able to. Or you can copy and paste sketch components to create additional modules. Then you would just need to reuse the sketch for all the addtional extrusions.

Hope this helps.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 7
thanhthe
in reply to: wimann

Tks a lot

I have tried to copy features but when I paste I cannot place the copied feature on the right position, I cannot change the position I want as shown in the picture 

2014-11-11_160333.JPG

I want to copy like this (not use the mirror function) 

2014-11-11_160540.JPG

I did Copying  sketch before, it's quite a good solution. But in my job it's quite slow because I have to extrude many solid after finishing sketch 

Message 4 of 7
wimann

When copying and placing the feature, reorienting should be as simple as reselecting the profile plane.

-Will Mann

Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 5 of 7
thanhthe

Can you tell me how to copy more clearly???

Tks

Message 6 of 7
wimann

@thanhthe wrote:

Can you tell me how to copy more clearly???

Tks

In the paste dialog:

PasteDialog.JPG

Left click "Sketch Plane1" highlighted in the picture above then select the plane that you want the profile to be on. Your dialog should then look like this:

pastedialog02.JPG

Sketch plane 1 is checked because inventor is realizing that you've specified. Then you also have the option of rotating the profile should you chose to do so. And that should be it.

-Will Mann

Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 7 of 7
thanhthe

tks 

But when I want to choose the face on the left as a profile plane , Inventor only accept the bottom profile just like the picture above

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report