Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me get this bend feature correct

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Ameldur
496 Views, 7 Replies

Please help me get this bend feature correct

Hi there,

I've been learning Inventor on my own for a little while now and have been following these drawings i found online. I've made all the other parts but i am struggling with this one bend feature, i cannot seem to get it right. 

I have attached the drawing and the inventor file.

I would be extremely grateful if you could find the time to show me how I would do it. I've spent days and I cannot for the life of me figuire it out, i'm probably overlooking something.

It looks like the bend needs to be 45 degrees and the spacing 2.5mm. Sounds simple in practice, but when I type in the values it all falls apart and wont match with the assembly.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Ameldur

I just realized there is an easier way - but this should get you started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Ameldur
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the response JDMather. However I think you misunderstood my question.

I can model the shape fine, that part is fine. Its the 2.5mm bend I am having trouble with 🙂 My original post has the part in there 🙂

EDIT: Apologies, just noticed the file you sent back was a sheet metal file. I've never used this type of file before 😕 Would it be possible for you to show me using the file i provided? Thank you

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

Well I attached the wrong file.

Check this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 8
Ameldur

Wow. I've never used intersect before, how useful! Thank you so much for that, it's really helped 🙂 

One last question, you made both sketches first before you made the extrusions right? 🙂

EDIT: Noticed you sent me 3 files with different ways to do it. Wow thank you so much!! 🙂

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

Another technique.

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

@Ameldur wrote:

One last question, you made both sketches first before you made the extrusions right? 🙂

Yes, with almost all of my parts I create all sketches before creating any solid geometry.

Message 8 of 8
Ameldur

I can't thank you enough.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report