Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Autodesk inventor 2009 hangs at 'registering inventor'

57 REPLIES 57
Message 1 of 58
lair360
527 Views, 57 Replies

Please help! Autodesk inventor 2009 hangs at 'registering inventor'

Dear Autodesk admin,
I've recently got a student copy of autodesk inventor 2009 pro from my teacher. However, when it installed everything, it got stuck at the stage (installing inventor 2009 package) and it just stays at: "registering inventor...". I've waited for 5 hours today and its still there!

Here is my spec.
------------------------------
Intel Core i7 860
3 GB DDR3 RAM - Corsair
500 GB WD western Digital
32" HD Tv
Windows XP Pro Sp3
------------------------------

Notes: I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 and this doesn't happen in my notebook ASUS A7C: 'Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.83 x2, 2 GB Ram DDR2 Corsair, 17" LCD monitor.

Please HELP! I can't do my project for my teacher!
57 REPLIES 57
Message 41 of 58
lair360
in reply to: lair360

Hi everyone! Durring the installation, I have reinstall my OS and update everything! I also tried to install Inventor 2008 Pro Trail (this copy only) and it got stuck again!

"registering inventor...'

Notes: I have to go into "Windows Task Manager" and close "Inventor.exe" services. Then. it succesfully install inventor 2008. However, now I have this stupid - idiot - maniac problem! It happens when I execute autodesk Inventor 2008.

"Inventor.exe needs to reregister with the operation system..."

So, how can I get this application to register itself with the operating system? Help here ASAP!!
Message 42 of 58
JDMather

>So, how can I get this application to register itself with the operating system? Help here ASAP!!

See attached.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 43 of 58
lair360

I've got that everytime and its not explorer.exe. Its just inventor.exe, itself that needs to be close!

This is what I got... its like a loop and I cannot see any splash screen!

"Inventor is reregistering and needs to complete registration before this program can run. Please close Inventor so it can complete reregistering before running this proram."

Any clue?? It cannot register itself with the operating system!
Message 44 of 58
hughpatterson

Greetings!

I'll put my thinking cap back on and see if I can figure something out to help you. Rest assured that someone here will be able to help you get this problem resolved. After all, we're here to help each other out! In the mean time, take a deep breath and try to look at the bright side, which is:

1. This problem can and will be solved.
2. You have your laptop to work on ( I use only laptops for my work since I have to travel).
3. You've got an entire world of Autodesk Inventor users working with you to fix this.
4. Lastly, driving yourself into a world of dire stress isn't worth it. This will be resolved.

Hugh
Message 45 of 58
Anonymous

It may be the Registry, I use a little
free program, Revo Un-install, which clears out the registry entries
during uninstall, offhand it reports about 3000+ registry entries
referring to Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical, Vault, and other
subsidiarity and support programs connected to IV.

The other thing is that a background program that is running may be
causing this problem. Using Task Manager, Processes Tab, your going to
have to use best guess and judgement as to what programs to stop and
then try installing IV each time. I know boring and laborious, but if
it gets you there in the end wroth it.

hughpatterson wrote:

Wow, I've run Inventor 2005 through 2010 on all sorts of PCs and Laptops with problems. However, you may want to clean up your Reg files. If you don't want to go in and do it amnually, use a problem like CCleaner to do it. There could be a file stuck in there that is throwing the installation off. You shouldn't be stuck at the Registration screen unless there is something in the way of a corrupt file that is being routed by the installation process. When you uninstall the program, do a search for remaining related files. It sounds like the problem is with a corrupt file. If it was something bigger (in the way of a problem) you would get installtion error messages while the initial installation screen was up.

--

face="Times New Roman">If you are ever in doubt ASK

color="#3333ff">There
will always be some
one . . .

color="#cc0000">The
contents of this email and any attachment/s is/are confidential.
It/They may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure

color="#cc0000">This
email and any attachment/s may/should not be read by any person/s that
is/are not the intended recipient/s

color="#cc0000">This
email may not be forwarded, copied or disclosed in any way to any
person/s by the original intended recipient/s with out my prior written
or email consent, nor may it be copied or disclosed in any way to any
person/s by any person/s by any person/s that is/are not an intended
recipient/s

face="Times New Roman">If
you have
received this email and are not an
intended recipient/s or you have received this email or have been
forwarded a copy of this email from the original
intended
recipient/s
out
my prior written or email consent, or by mistake please notify me by
email, and then delete and copies from your system without delay

color="#3333ff">This
email
was scanned for all known Viruses, Malware and Spyware prior to it's
dispatch and on its journey through the BT/Yahoo system

Liability
cannot
and will not be accepted for any damage to your
computer or network for any lost, corrupted or compromised data cause
by any Viruses, Malware and Spyware

Message 46 of 58
lair360

Did any of you got to these area and it got stuck? Please open the image and take a look for yourself!
I need advice here.... please??

The installation was left untouched for 4 hours already and there aren't any errors. All Net.Framework was installed and SQL 2008 SP1 was installed!

........this is insane. Why is Autodesk acting strange on my desktop and not on my laptop?
Message 47 of 58
JDMather

As a student why are you fooling with Inventor 2008? That is an ancient release in computer software terms. Inventor 2010 had many many significant additions in functionality. As a student you can get Inventor Professional 2010 for free. I would want to spend my time learning the latest technology.

You keep jumping from one release to another in this install issue. Why not concentrate on the latest release and forget the old stuff?

Does your school have a student IT Help Desk that can help you figure out how to install and activate your software?

Perhaps you could hire an experienced professional to help you get the software installed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 48 of 58
lair360

Look... I am using inventor 2008 pro to test the installation only. I've installed it on these computer with different specs. All ATi 4000 series worked + Intel Core 2 Duo and Pentium D. So, why are you telling me that I am fooling around?? I am testing it and I've reinstalled my operating systems many times already! All inventor 2008 > 2010 still acts the same.... stuck at registering inventor. As you all said before... Intel i7 is supported and I am trying. I also updated my ATi Catalyste driver yesterday and still... no luck!

So... telling me to get a professional? Its the application inventor issue!

P.S. All version of Autodesk 3DS Max 2008, 2009 and 2010 worked on my i7 computer. But, why did Autodesk Inventor (All edition) refused to register inventor?

Now... answer the question!

Edited by: Discussion_Admin on Jan 29, 2010 5:39 PM
Message 49 of 58
lair360

Ohhh... to make it clear... my computer can run Adobe CS4 master suit ran just fine. I also test some games. eg: Silent Hunter 4, GRID and starware empire at war gold edtion without problems. Get the point? There aren't any problems with my computer! I also replaced another two hard drive two days ago! They are all new and they ran @ 7200 rpm.

Net.Framework 1.1 Sp1
Net.Framwork 2.0 SP2
Net.Framework 3.0 SP2
Net.Framework 3.5 SP1
Visual C++ 2005
Visual C++ 2008
WSE 3.0 Runtime
Windows XP SP3

P.S. These are all installed on my laptop and desktop. So, there is no difference either... the only difference is the hardware....
Message 50 of 58
Doug_DuPont

Hi,
I may be asking a foolish question but didn't see any mention of it yet.
Do you have Excel installed and ran once before installing Inventor?
You need Excel to run run Inventor.
Doug
Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 51 of 58
Anonymous

On 1/29/2010 6:41 AM, lair360 wrote:

> Now... answer the question!

good luck there...

Thanks for finally stating you have tried 2010.

I'd still recommend hiring someone to look into this.

You got a program for free (educational version), don't expect the world
to jump thru hoops to solve your problem.

Have a great weekend all the same.
Message 52 of 58
lair360

Yes, I use Excel alot to keep track of my schedual and money.
Message 53 of 58
JDMather

>why the hell are you telling me that I am fooling around??

It sounds like to me you are fooling around - jumping from one version to another. I would recommend concentrating on eliminating variables rather than confounding the problem.

>I am in pain

> I am in tears... Now I can't use Autodesk Inventor 2009 ever again! I've always dream to design and work with Inventor.

>Sniff Sniff... 1500 pounds is in the bucket! ... I am not happy... I don't want to go and eat my dinner tonight...

>R.I.P my new computer... I am going to miss you....

>So... telling me to get a professional? ...Now... answer the question!

Sometimes we get too close to our own problems and miss the obvious. It might be time to bring another person to sit at the keyboard. Random back and forth on a forum like this without access to the system is hit-or-miss, not a particulary efficient method of trouble shooting a problem.

It is common practice in many (all) professions call in another person when a difficult problem is encountered.

Message 54 of 58
hughpatterson

Hey There,

I would definitely install and use only one version of Inventor on your PC. If I had your problem, I would uninstall all versions of Inventor, go through and use a Reg file cleaner and then manually hunt down and remove every single Inventor file that isn't a project file and reinstall it. If you have done this and you still have problems, get someone else in to look at it. I look at how much is my time worth when I try to fix things. I currently get around $90.00 per hour as an industrial designer and prototyper. I mention this because that is how In decide when to call someone else in. Every wasted hour spent trying to fix an issue is time taken away from my work, or in your case school projects. Have you asked around your school to see if there is someone great at fixing software problems? It might be worth trying. I hope you resolve this problem soon. Also, Inventor 2010 is really the best edition to use ansd it's ease of installation is very smooth.
Message 55 of 58
lair360

Hi everyone! Its a SUCCESS!!!!! I've managed to install Autodesk Inventor 2009 and 2010 Pro without problem!
Its great! However... my dad was trying to get hold of a retailer in UK. However, he can't get hold of Autodesk Inventor 2010 Suit. He tried to get it for my birthday.... but, he couldn't find it! This is lame and he would like me to suceed!

Secondly, he asked me if I can activate Autodesk Inventor 2010 Trail download with Autodesk Suit product key?
That is the only option he could think of. Therefore, he's waiting for my reply, so that, my dad's manager can aquire a genuine licence for me to use and study. Well... this wasn't my idea and he would like me to take full advantage instead of using a limited version.

So... any place to get a retail CD? The file is large, Yes. But, I would rather have a hard copy instead of download... if possible and my dad will aquire a genuine key.

Alright?

P.S. I've asked numerouse retailer for a trail CDs. But, they kept redirecting me to Autodesk download site! But, the file is very large! *panick*

Here is my article that should help user with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and ATi 5000 series cards.

http://lair360.co.uk/blog/854/compatible-hardware-for-autodesk-inventor/
Message 56 of 58
JDMather

>he can't get hold of Autodesk Inventor 2010 Suit

Students can get full Autodesk Inventor Professional not limited to Suit.

>He tried to get it for my birthday....

Students can get full Autodesk Inventor Professional for free from http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

>he would like me to take full advantage instead of using a limited version.

If you don't want limited version (Inventor Suite) I would download the free Inventor Professional.

>But, I would rather have a hard copy instead of download... if possible and my dad will aquire a genuine key.

You can download Inventor Professional from the edcommunity and burn to DVD for a hard copy - and you get a valid serial number and 13-month student license. Round about June you download Inventor Professional 2011 and register for a brand new 13-month license. I have mentioned this several times - you haven't responded to why you can't use the fully functional student version for learning purposes?

Message 57 of 58
hughpatterson

Here's a company that should help in Cambridge:

Micro Concepts Ltd

Grain House, Mill Court
Station Road
Great Shelford
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
CB22 5LD
United Kingdom

Phone 01223 716200

Give them a call and see if they can get you a hard copy of the DVD set. Most companies are trending towards downloads for selling their products since it saves them a great deal of money. I prefer to have a "physical DVD" but have done just fine with downloads. Here's a bit of design advice that I am giving students at a lecture I'm giving next month:

While programs life Inventor give you the ability to design extremely complex systems and parts, the simplest designs are often the most long lasting. The simpler the design, the less prone you are to problems in the long run. What you learn from textbooks and in classrooms doesn't always work in the real world. Why? Because in the real world, human beings become involved in the fabrication, installation and eventual use of your design. Since humans have flaws, slight mistakes can be made and even the slightest mistake can grow into a runaway problem. When you look at items that have been around for a long time, with little change to their initial design, you are looking at a well designed item.

Good luck with your studies. What area of design are you concentrating on? I am an industrial designer that specializes in scientific equipment. My education background is in Industrial Design, Chemistry, Physics and mathematics. I use all of my education within my work. Of course, my best ideas still take shape using a #2 pencil in a composition book!
Message 58 of 58
Mike.Wohletz

Just like all the good soap operas, as soon as they get exciting the come to an end.

I cant figure out why anyone would want Inventor Suite over the student Pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report