Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please for the love of god, FIX THIS!!!!

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
mrattray
733 Views, 16 Replies

Please for the love of god, FIX THIS!!!!

I use work features.

I use a space ball.

I use 2013.

Help me.

I am in hell.

capture.jpg

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

Thats why you don't load updates till there is a service pack my friend.....

Message 3 of 17
mcgyvr
in reply to: jletcher

Fix what?..

Spaceballs causing crashes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 17
mrattray
in reply to: mcgyvr

YES!

I can't take it! Do I screw around with the view cube all day or do I restart IV every 2 minutes?!

I'm normally a very patient person, but I swear if it wasn't Friday I'd be throwing stuff.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 17
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: mcgyvr

Maybe after a certain number of crashes the CER could change to something more inspiring. Something like "Congratulations you have just reached you umpteenth number of crashes today. You have now been entered into a drawing for a New iPad!"

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 6 of 17
mrattray
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

I would have won 5 by now. I lost count of how many times I've seen that message since lunch (an 1.25 hrs ago). I'm not exaggerating the least when I say it's around 20.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 17
jletcher

are you doing the same thing at the time of crash or just radom?

Message 8 of 17
Doug_DuPont

Have you unplugged your space ball? If so do your crashes stop? What other problem shooting have you tried?

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 9 of 17
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

It has to do with having work geometery selected and looking at your space ball at the same time. I saw a thread on here earlier on in the week or last week about it, but I couldn't find it in the middle of my temper tantrum.

When you combine this with the posibility of the wind blowing out of the east at the same time as sombebody walking past you with mismatched socks causing IV to explode, it makes trying to actually draw something a very frustrating experience.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 17
mrattray
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

I broke down after I made this thread and put it up on top of my tower. I feel naked without it.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 11 of 17
Doug_DuPont

Come on AutoDesk give this guy something to wear please.

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 12 of 17
jletcher

LOL good one......

See in all my post about new features new interface has less to do with the change but rather the lack of ok no more new things till we make this stable...

I remember Autocad days 14 and 2000 I think in the 4 years of using I crashed 6 times....

I wish they would listen Inventor is nice but it is getting worse every release..............

Message 13 of 17
schae235

@mrattray wrote:

... When you combine this with the posibility of the wind blowing out of the east at the same time as sombebody walking past you with mismatched socks causing IV to explode

Thought you would like to know that Inventor 2012 SP2 fixes the ever popular problem of:

• Inventor crashes when you press the Enter key while you hold down the left mouse button after you enter an offset value for an offset workplane.

I suppose it's not that funny but the first time I read it I laughed and thought you might want a laugh too.

INV 2012 SP1
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI FirePro V5800
14.0 GB RAM
Message 14 of 17
mrattray
in reply to: schae235

Thanks, that did give me a good chuckle.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 15 of 17
dick_upton

Can someone confirm if any hotfix for 2013 or the imminent SP1 resolves the ongoing issue with crashes related to use of the spacemouse.

We are holding up migration until confirmation that this issue is resolved!

Thank you in advance.

Message 16 of 17
mrattray
in reply to: dick_upton

Update 1 fixed it.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 17 of 17
dick_upton

Thank you sir. Forward ho!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report