Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plane of iPart does not update to correct position in Assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
klemen_zivkovic
319 Views, 2 Replies

Plane of iPart does not update to correct position in Assembly

I have Autodesk Inventor 2015 update 2, and I created iPart, that has "Work Plane 51", that is defined by xz plane and point in sketch that is driven by parameters.

When I select active row in iPart plane is updated accordingly.

When I put iPart to Assembly, plane is updated correctly only in one instance out of 4 - how is this possible?

That drives me realy crazy - because it seems like it is inconsistent behaviour.

See attached screenshots and whole iPart.

in iPart plane moves apropriately picture below with row 1 of table selected.

in_iPart1.jpg

in iPart plane moves apropriately picture below with row 1 of table selected.

in_iPart2.jpg

when I put those iParts to assembly I get this:

inAssembly.jpg

The strange thing is that sketches and other planes move correctly... Smiley Frustrated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Planes are in the correct position. Unfortunately the plane view across the parts stays frozen as per last active member position.

Last active member is on the top, two planes are 27mm offset from the end faces-, (yes- all in the table, would not appear if its not...) when you scroll across the ipart factory everything is ok and travel with the part, but when you place an ipart in an assembly, planes stay frozen as per last active member.

Capture22.JPG

Autodesk, its almost 2017 I am running inv pro 2016 build 236 sp2 and the problem still exists.

Would be great if solved, but this is at the end of the list when comes to ipart/iassembly errors.

Message 3 of 3

Autodesk,

can we get official explanation why is this happening and if you plan to addres this in next patch?

This would really benefit iAssembly usefulness...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums