Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing dimension INV2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kmensing
195 Views, 3 Replies

Placing dimension INV2010

I have been using INV2010 since it was released, and have never had this problem before. What I am experiencing happens when I am attempting to dimension a radius on a drawing sheet. I click on the radius, and then click to place the dimension, and the dimension disappears from the view, and shows up in the lower left corner of the drawing sheet. This does not happen all of the time, but it is a continuing problem on some, but not all similar parts. The line I am trying to dimension is definitely a radius, and it is not a section view. I have attached screenshots showing just before placing the dimension, and then after clicking to place the dimension. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Kelly

Inventor 2010 Service pack 4 64 bit

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
IgorMir
in reply to: kmensing

Hi Kelly,

After you have placed the dimension - modify its properties as shown on the attached picture. Alternately - you can drag the dimension to the opposite side of the arc. That will convert the dimension into a leader type one.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 4
kmensing

Tried all of those ideas, along with many others. I ended up sketching in the view a radius, and dimensioning it. One thing about Inventor, you have the opportunity to learn workarounds!

Kelly

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr

Have you restarted Inventor and your computer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report