Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place from Content Center... Missing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
TroyNageotte
744 Views, 9 Replies

Place from Content Center... Missing

What could cause the Place from Content Center.. selection to disappear from the Assembly Panelbar and Insert pulldown? I am still able to place Content Center items from Favorites. ADMS 5.0 is located on a stand alone server without Vault or Inventor. This an issue on only 1 computer out of 3 with myself logged in at each computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Troy Nageotte
Inventor Professional 11 SP3
ADMS 5.0
MDT 2007 SP2
Design Review 2008 SP1
Windows XP SP2
CAD Manager
Troy Nageotte
Inv Pro 2011
MDT 2009 SP3
Mechanical 2011
Design Review 2011
Microsoft Forefront 1.61 (antivirus scan)
Windows 7 x64
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00Gzh 8.0 GB RAM
nVidia Geforce GT 430 1 GB
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TroyNageotte
in reply to: TroyNageotte

Bump. I am hoping for some solution to get it back beside another clean install.

TN
Troy Nageotte
Inv Pro 2011
MDT 2009 SP3
Mechanical 2011
Design Review 2011
Windows 7 x64
Message 3 of 10
baerj

Actually having this problem with one of my users. It appeared in INV11 when we migrated to our corporate domain. I upgraded that department recently to INV2008, but the problem is still there. I can get the content center logging in as a different user, but under his profile, it just doesn't show up.

I tried copying registry info for Inventor from different user, but that did not help. Also tried swapping out directories in the Application Data folder but that did nothing.

Planning to do an uninstall of all autodesk products and then reinstall. Probably should only take 3 hours or so......
Message 4 of 10
baerj

I'm finding that non-admins on the machine are missing the Place form Content Center option. Trying to find out where the permission issue is. (Really don't want to reinstall.)
Message 5 of 10
TroyNageotte

I am curious if you are installing from a network image or do you install from DVD copied to hard drive locally. I am using a network image. I am an administrator for each computer in the department, the users are administrators of their own computers. This might have surfaced while resetting the customized settings to resolve "Failed to configure Cable&Harness environment" issue as described below.

1. Tools->Customize;
2. Reset All or Reset Part environment;
3. Re-launch AIP with C&H add-in;
4. Now this add-in could be loaded successfully.

Thanks.
Oboe Wu
Autodesk Inc.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/adskcsp/thread.jspa?messageID=5613413

I am also wondering if it might have something to with the interface (GUI) of a network installation of Inventor recognizing Micrsoft WSE 2.0, Perhaps it does not create the Place from Content Center or Edit Content center in the GUI if it does not thing th CC is being used.

Keep me posted.

Troy Nageotte
Inventor Professional 11 SP3
ADMS 5.0
MDT 2007 SP2
Design Review 2008 SP1
Windows XP SP2
CAD Manager
Troy Nageotte
Inv Pro 2011
MDT 2009 SP3
Mechanical 2011
Design Review 2011
Windows 7 x64
Message 6 of 10
baerj

I had tried to reset the menus before to no avail.

Reinstalling did not work. I uninstalled all Autodesk products from the machine, cleared registry keys and deleted left over directories and then reinstalled. Still same problem. I have a network deployment, but this time I went straight to the setup32.exe instead. It works fine on 3 other machines from the network deployment.

It is available when the user is part of the Local machine's admin group. We do not allow our users full access, just Power Users.

I'm also noticing that the menu in the Assembly area is also missing items. Check attachment.
Message 7 of 10
baerj

The add-ins were not loading. They'd load with administrator but not power users. In checking the forums, I found that the add-ins don't actually load from a folder but the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID registry key.

I've always had fun with this key when installing Inventor, there's always an issue. I push down the permissions and everything works fine.

So, I added Power Users to have full control, pushed the permissions down and voila, it works. I also pushed it down on the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TYPELIB key as well for S&G's.
Message 8 of 10
sivarajkannan
in reply to: baerj

Please look at the file help me sir !!!!!!!!

Thanks 

KannanSivaraj
Message 9 of 10
riff62
in reply to: sivarajkannan

This is a 6 YEAR OLD thread...Just saying..
Message 10 of 10
sivarajkannan
in reply to: riff62

Sir , 

I did not understand ? what could cause the Place from Content Center.. selection to disappear from the Assembly Panelbar and Insert pulldown? I am still able to place Content Center items from Favorites.? help me i want use place from content centre

KannanSivaraj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report