Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

place from content center dialog issue

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
weiloon
1158 Views, 23 Replies

place from content center dialog issue

HI

One of my customer is using Autodesk Inventor 2009, windows XP

He has a problem with the ''place from content center'' dialog, it suddenly missing all the content library from the dialog box but it worked fine on the day before this.

Please refer to the attachment

Any ideas why this should suddenly happen?

dotnet framework issue?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
blair
in reply to: weiloon

I would check that a user profile hasn't become corrupt. Try logging in as a different user and see if the problem persists.

Also check that the Project file is fine and is pointing to the correct directory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 24
ASCO-engineering
in reply to: blair

as of this morning i have the same issue. When starting work everything worked fine and i've placed several components from the content center. Now a few hours later my co-workers notified me the content center wasn't showing any libraries anymore, and this has occurred on my system as well. Project file has not been altered. Restatring inventor did not help. Trying a reboot next. (IV2014 64bit+vault basic)

Message 4 of 24
cbenner
in reply to: ASCO-engineering

Are these Vault systems or local content?  Is the user logged in to Vault?

ASCO, I see yours IS Vault, can you verify that the Vault is running properly and that you are logged in?

Message 5 of 24
ASCO-engineering
in reply to: cbenner

yes vault connection is working fine, we're logged in, and we can place items from the vault. There is no problem as far as i can tell. Also the project file shows the correct path to where the content center files are but we just don't see the libraries in the CC.

I've tried repairing inventor and reinstalling but without success. We have also noticed that when pressing the favorites button in the content center editor will cause an immediate crash of IV.

best regards,

Misha

Message 6 of 24
cbenner

Hmmm,.... I have 2013, not 2014.  I've been unable to duplicate this so I'm not sure what could be causing it.  I might suggest rebooting your Vault Server if that hasn't been done in a while.  Maybe the databases got unloaded somehow?  If all else fails, this might be a question for the tech support guys.

Message 7 of 24
Cadmanto

Misha,

Check tools>addins as well just to make sure that the connection there to the CC wasn't lost.

cc.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 8 of 24
ASCO-engineering
in reply to: Cadmanto

yes it is as in your screenshot; automatic / loaded

i appreciate the support!

Misha

Message 9 of 24
Cadmanto

I agree with Chris.  If you have rebooted your system as well as others, and the server has been rebooted, plus the addin shows CC is loaded, then it is time to either call your VAR or what ever tech support you use to take a look at this.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 10 of 24
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

Misha,

Check tools>addins as well just to make sure that the connection there to the CC wasn't lost.

New EE Logo.PNG

I checked into this, if this is turned off, the Place From Content Center is no longer even an option.  I was hoping it was that simple.

Message 11 of 24
ASCO-engineering

i wasn't able to do a reset last friday due to a task i still had running, but we did a re-boot of the server just now because we could also no longer access the vault. The re-boot seems to have worked.

The error message we got by the way was

Message 12 of 24

hi asco, far as i Know Vault basic cannot connect to erpserver. 
are you sure before this accident can be connected?

daily works with :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Profesional 2014.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Autodesk Vault Profesional 2014.
Tags (1)
Message 13 of 24

i don't think these issues are related, because friday we were connected to the vault server (erpserver) but CC was gone. Last week monday we had the same message where we could not connect to the vault server and had to reboot. We're looking into the memory usage and saw that we we're experiencing something that looks like a memory leak related to IIS where it kills server communication when memory reaches a critical level. We did not experience this issue befor the upgrade. We're monitoring it now.

Misha

Message 14 of 24

okey, please check Tools>Application Options==> Content Center Tabs.==>
make sure your CC setting ini Vault

daily works with :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Message 15 of 24
akhidrosyidi
in reply to: akhidrosyidi

and also you must check in the project windows,
make sure your project connected to vault,
and Content-center family are checked.

Access option => Autodesk Vault Server

Server Name => must be directed to right server address
see images below 

daily works with :
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Message 16 of 24

the settings were correct. Also, this occurred simultaneously on 4 systems so it's more likely to be server related rather than user changes occurring just like that. It's not like we were never able to connect. We were properly connected and able to use CC on one moment, and the next moment it wasn't possible to use CC anymore, without having changed any settings.

Best regards,

Misha

Message 17 of 24
cbenner

Maybe a stupid question, but are you running the same version of Vault Server, as you are Vault Client?  That message usually means there is a difference between the versions.

Message 18 of 24
ASCO-engineering

I'm assuming you're referrring to the vault login error i posed. Your question was my first question too. But we had installed everything together and had been working with the software succesfully for a week or so. Now, one week later, the same thing happened. Now the connection is fine once again, after we had reset the server. It seems like a memory related error resulting in connections to the server being shut down. (IIS)

Misha

Message 19 of 24
cbenner
Message 20 of 24
cbenner

Just had another thought... let's hope it's a good. one.

A year ago we were having a recurring issue with our lisense server shutting down randomly.  Turned out it was due to the server being set up to get automatic Windows updates, which caused the server to reboot (thankfully in the middle of the night), but then all of the services did not always come back on automatically.  IT played around with our settings a bit, and turned off automatic updating, as well as setting things so that everything restarted (LMTOOLS, IIS) if the server rebooted.  We haven't had that issue since.

I'm not an IT person, but maybe that's something to look into?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report