Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place Fitting Failed - iPart

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1202 Views, 12 Replies

Place Fitting Failed - iPart

I get the aforementioned error when I try to place this ipart into an assembly from CC.

I made it from scratch, I'm fairly new to iParts, so I could have done something wrong, but I don't see what.

I spent all of yesterday searching for a solution and trying to troubleshoot, iparts are beginning to look less like a time saving endeavour.

Any help would be appreciated.

Inv Pro 2014

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't open the part since I have 2013, but could you tell us what environment you are in, and what command you are using to try to insert this part?  Maybe give a quick rundown of how you authored and published the part?  Possibly a screenshot of the error as it occurs... .sometimes something on the screen will act as a clue to the problem.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Basic Assembly, Placing from Content Center.

I don't really know how to answer your other questions, not sure how to explain a process that I don't really understand.

Message 4 of 13
cbenner

When I talk about authoring and publishing, this is what you would have had to do in order to get the part into the content center.

author.JPG

pub.JPG

Can you Open the part from the Content Center?  Is this the same fitting you were having trouble with in your last post, and did that ever get resolved?

Don't get too frustrated, once you get past these initial stumbling blocks and the learning curve, iparts are the way to go for custom fittings.  I only wish I could open your part to check it out.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Right, I Did all that, but I don't know what to explain. I attached some screens of those windows, I just don't know what your looking for.

Yes I can open it from content center, and it brings up the dialog with the right keys, shows the thumbnail preview, that error appears after hitting OK on that dialog box.

No, this is not the same part as the last post, I made this one from scratch. I still have no idea what is wrong with the other part, for the smaller sizes of it it seems to set one of the extrusions to a length of 0, and half the part just dissapears. But only when it is published and placed from CC.

Message 6 of 13
cbenner

Hmmm, just from the images I don't see anything add there.  Thanks for posting.

From your first image with the error in it, I did find it strange that the error message says "tube & pipe" in the top... when you are obviously not in the tube & pipe environment.   I suspect the problem may be in the ipart itself, and I'm going to ask some people who have 2014 if they will look at it for you. 

I do know there have been some issues with 2014 and the tube & pipe, have you installed all of the latest updates?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I have installed the updates that came out not too long ago, I've never even run the Tube&Pipe environment, I don't know if we have it installed.

I only published it there for everyone else's sake to be able to find it.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Well at least something is working, I made another part from scratch, and authored it exactly the same way, and it works quite well.

Maybe the problem is that I published the other one to a custom folder?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Indeed... I had created a "Bushings" folder in Tube&Pipe and published it to there.

I deleted that category and republished it into the existing adapters, and now it works.

Message 10 of 13
cbenner

Ok,.. that was something I couldn't see with not being able to open the part.  If you want to publish a fitting to a custom folder, you need to author it is "Other".  Then you can publish it to any folder you want.

I'm glad you figured it out!  Now you can get rolling, I hope.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Yea still stuck on that stupid elbow though, no idea what is wrong with it.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

I did this morning, but I could again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report