Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping and Routed Systems-Style Library missing

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
madsendavid
1906 Views, 11 Replies

Piping and Routed Systems-Style Library missing

I'm trying to utilize the piping and routed systems tool to run some pipe, but when I setup my pipe styles, it cannot find the xml files for the pipe, fittings, etc. I know I am connected to my content server as I can insert individual fittings and manually place pipe lengths. Any help on solving this problem would be appreciated. I am running Inventor Professional 2009
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: madsendavid

Where did you setup your pipe styles?  In what file?  In order for them to be available in any assembly that you want to use tube & pipe, your pipe styles need to be set up in a file called pipng runs. iam which resides in your design data folder.  This is like the piping template that gets called up everytime you start tube & pipe from within an assembly.  Otherwise, you have to create your pipe styles from scratch, or import them for every assembly in which you want to use piping.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 12
madsendavid
in reply to: cbenner

I'm trying to use the standard pipe styles, not anything that I have created. Are these not automatically generated? Do I have to set them up a first time, even if they are ANSI standard?

Message 4 of 12
cbenner

No, the standard ones should be there, as long as that template file did not get deleted.  Also check under Application Options, make sure that Design Data is pointing to the right folder... and that the above mentioned piping template file is in that Design Data folder.  If not, Inventor will load a default assembly template when you call up Tube & Pipe, and the styles will not be there.  Just some ideas to try, if it's not any of these... I invite those on these forums who know a heck of a lot more than me to chime in.  Smiley Very Happy

Good luck!

Message 5 of 12
madsendavid

Thanks for the file location. I checked that it was good and the Application Options were correctly set. This morning everything seemed to be working fine, like there was no problem. I think it was a connection problem to the Content Center which is located on our server.

What was bugging me was the Tubing and Pipe Styles menu wasn't able to connect to the Content Center, but I was able to pull fittings from the Content Center manually. This led me to belive that there was a missing file or something. Anyone have any insight as to how that could've happened? (if need be, I'll make this question as a new post)

Message 6 of 12
Cadmanto

I feel like I am in one of those Twilight Zone moments where everything is fine one moment and then acting screwy the next.  I typically leave my computer on all week with a few reboots here and there along with the occational Inventor crashes over the course of the week.  With all of that said, I was working on my assembly (like I have been all week) and when I tried to add some additional piping runs I get this error.  tube1.PNG

I thought, now what!!!

So investigating further I noticed that my standard (out of the box) tube and pipe styles were missing.

tube2.PNG

tube.PNG

Finding this thread, it would appear that I am having the same issue.  Except unlike the OP I was not successful in getting this functionality back after doing a hard reboot.  I should also add that I can see my CC (which is on the local network) and load parts from there.  I do have Vault WG.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7 Professional
Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU 3.47 GHz
12.0 GB Memory, 64 bit OS

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

What I have since discovered is this issue is internal to just this file.  I created a brand new assembly files and the tube and pipe styles were there.  So the question now is, what is causing these styles NOT to show up in this assembly file only?

What is weird is that I deleted all of my pipe runs and the styles showed back up.  Something must have corrupted these pipe runs.  Problem solved I guess.

Still curious as to why this happened to begin with. 

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7 Professional
Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU 3.47 GHz
12.0 GB Memory, 64 bit OS

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 12
david_j2_myers

I see this is an old thread, but I have a user with the exact same issue as Cadmanto. Any solution?
Message 9 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: david_j2_myers

Hi David,

Can you provide a little more information for background?  What version of Inventor, what are you seein and NOT seeing, and what have you tried already to fix it?  Also any system specs you can list.  Did you read this entire thread and try any of the older ideas near the top?

This will help us know how to proceed in trying to help you.  Thanks!

Message 10 of 12
Cadmanto

David,

I was using Inventor 2012 at the time.  I never saw this issue again, but I will tell you at the time it was very frustrating.

Like Chris suggested, have you tried anything that has been talked about in this thread to try and fix it?  Even what I ended up doing?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 12
gdunham3

I am having the same issue as Cadmanto. My menue looks just like his screenshot. I am using Inventor 2014. Has anyone found a fix for this? 

Message 12 of 12
pkainer
in reply to: gdunham3

Hello,

I have/had a similar problem. I sometimes can´t copy old styles, create new ones and change the active style. But I can see all other styles in menu.

This error happens sporadically ever 3-4 weeks on random workstations with random users overnight! The only thing that works for me is the solution from user oldgrey1 (03-17-2011 08:18 PM in reply to: Dan.M😞

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Tube-and-pipe-styles-disappeared/td-p/2412645

C´mon Autodesk, this error happens since 2009!

Peter

Ultimate Product Design Suite 2014

Inventor 2014 Pro SP2

since Codename Viper...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums