Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe runs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
388 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe runs

Is there a way in inventor if you have an existing pipe route to create a new pipe run and place that existing route into the new run.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

If I understand you correctly, the short answer would be "No".

Once you have an existing base pipe run, you can add to it and even runs added to runs within the base run.

But you cannot have two base runs.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Not sure if that's what he meant, Scott.  Could be, but I read it slightly different.  The way I read it was as if wanted to take a route from one run, and insert it or paste it into a new run.  And if that's right, once again the simple answer is.... no.

If not,... listen to Scott!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you can reuse a route either in a new T&P run or in an existing one. The workflow is spelled out in the help file. Just copy the route, and paste it into the new run, then constrain it into place, then make it adaptive. This will prompt you for new file names and such since you are creating new components.

Read more here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/3029-Tube_and3029/3159-Tube_an...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report