Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Run Constraints in Routed Systems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kajobus
398 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Run Constraints in Routed Systems

Hi, I am creating Pipe Runs in Routed Systems. When it populate the route Inventor places a union fitting at each route point ( Support Stand , Bracket ) . I have seen that I can delete the node points, then the fitting is removed and I have one long pipe section instead of two. My problem is , then the route is not constrained to the route point ( Support Stand , Bracket ) How do I re constraint my route to the route points ? Or , how do I tell Inventor not to add a union fitting at each route point ? Thanks for the help
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: kajobus

A node point in a route automatically indicates a break in the pipe.  In the Tube & Pipe styles, you will see under "Components" where it looks for a coupling... this will be placed at all node points that you place in the line while routing.  Unless you set your pipe style as flanged, in which case it will place a flange set there.  If you don't want these fittings in your route, avoid placing node points in your route.  As far as constraining a route, you can use all sort of dimensional and geometric constraints while routing.  A pipe route is simply a 3D sketch.  Look for the "Include Geometry" button on your routing tool bar and make use of planes, edges etc.  Play around with using parallel, perpendicular, coincident etc constraints, or dimensions from reference geometry to fully constrain your routes... see what combination works best for your situation.  Be aware, however, (and I have brought this up to AD before), that once fittings are placed in a fully constrained route... some constraints get lost and have to be replaced.

Hope this helps a little.  I have found that a lot of trial and error will show you what will work best for your own designs.

Message 3 of 3
kajobus
in reply to: cbenner

Hi, luckily I discovered the tick mark next to fitting when I right click on the node, now I have 1 continuous pipe with no union fittings and my route stays constrained ! Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report